finbar

Good Breakfast Places - Outer Cape

Rate this topic

84 posts in this topic

When fishing from Orleans to P'Town, where's  your favorite breakfast place? These are some recent favorites for us: Orleans - Homeport (open 7 days @ 6 a.m.), Wellfleet - Harrigan's Cafe' in the Wellfleet Motor Lodge(also open 7 days @7 a.m.), Wicked Oyster, also Wellfleet but right now, open weekends only for breakfast. We haven't eaten breakfast at the Wicked Oyster in 2 years but, at that time, they had the absolute best omelets!  N. Truro - Topmast Cafe', open 7 days @7 a.m. We ate breakfast  there yesterday and it was very good - much improved. The only negative was the customers seated nearby had their precious little pooch with them and he/she would let out an occasional screech. Sounded like a seagull getting plonked with a 3oz. Hopkins...

Posted (edited) · Report post

I just went to Flying Fish last weekend. The Benedicts were good. Pretty hard to screw up breakfast food though. 
Nice outdoor seating area too. 

Edited by z-man

Is Homeport the place right near the old Mac Reeds?

Grumpies in Dennis on 6A isn't too shabby. 

I always eat a light breakfast. 

When in PTown it was a few malasadas and a couple of cups of black coffee at the Provincetown Portuguese Bakery on Commercial St. 

28 mins ago, WorcBoy said:

Is Homeport the place right near the old Mac Reeds?

Grumpies in Dennis on 6A isn't too shabby. 

Nope - That was 'Nonie's'. We used to rent a room upstairs for $5 a night.

4 hours ago, Kones1 said:

Savory ? 

I was there last weekend too. They are being annoying and not letting anyone sit inside. A lady gave us attitude for waiting inside (leaning against a table with no chairs) for our pizza. If you are that scared of covid then just close down. 

6 hours ago, z-man said:

I was there last weekend too. They are being annoying and not letting anyone sit inside. A lady gave us attitude for waiting inside (leaning against a table with no chairs) for our pizza. If you are that scared of covid then just close down. 

That's a shame. Savory's used to be our favorite for their great burgers. Of course, that was pre-Covid and lately, they are never open when we fish weekdays in the 'off-season'... 

23 mins ago, finbar said:

That's a shame. Savory's used to be our favorite for their great burgers. Of course, that was pre-Covid and lately, they are never open when we fish weekdays in the 'off-season'... 

We’ve been going there a long time too. They have had some strange hours the last few years. The older lady was so rude about the inside seating that we probably won’t be back. Not sure if she is the owner or not. On top of that my wife ordered a gluten free pizza and one of the cooks yells out to us I hope you don’t have Celiac because this is isn’t a gluten safe kitchen back here. She and my daughter have gotten gluten from their for years and they never mentioned that. Both have celiac, daughter is much worse though. 

4 mins ago, z-man said:

We’ve been going there a long time too. They have had some strange hours the last few years. The older lady was so rude about the inside seating that we probably won’t be back. Not sure if she is the owner or not. On top of that my wife ordered a gluten free pizza and one of the cooks yells out to us I hope you don’t have Celiac because this is isn’t a gluten safe kitchen back here. She and my daughter have gotten gluten from their for years and they never mentioned that. Both have celiac, daughter is much worse though. 

Geez, Sounds like a good place to avoid, Celiac is a serious issue for sure and I feel bad for your wife and daughter. Also, speaking in general terms, if I am ever treated rudely or with disrespect, I notify the owner. If that was the owner that you dealt with, I'm surprised, as they always seemed like nice hard - working people. Obviously, it must be a major ass-ache finding good help these days...