MC55

June 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

483 posts in this topic

38 mins ago, nam1969 said:

On the beach at 7:15 am.. SE wind and building surf. Some beautiful white water. Dug some bugs and got to work, Slow going with two light hits. Ran into jeff w at his favorite fishing spot. Fished with him for awhile then moved down the beach. Nothing doing. Back to where Jeff was fishing and he had lost a good sized bass. He had a smaller one earlier and a keeper fluke, all on bugs. I lost one as the tide had flipped to incoming. Jeff left and soon after I lost a second one. Finally hooked up on a keeper bass. Strong son of a gun who put up a good fight with several solid runs, Fish was released. Left at 9:30. Nice morning and good company.

Its always a pleasure to see you and chat....hooking up with some bass is just an added bonus.

29 mins ago, MC55 said:

The swell showed up as predicted and the SE wind has started to cool down the water.   Moved back to where I was on Saturday and found a few more.  Stayed with the bugs and landed 4 with two keeper size at 33 and 28 inches.  The 33 sure took advantage of the big water using the rips to make some impressive runs.  All safely back in the suds.  Next outing for me probably won't be until Friday.

DSCF3880.JPG

DSCF3885.JPG

These look like the two from the other day! Nice try! Glad you're getting into them. Seems like there are more 28 to 33 inch bass around this year than last spring. Good sign.

5 hours ago, bbfish said:

Sunday morning had a quick hour or two while the kids napped so ran down to the beach for a quick session.  Immediately find some small bass cruising the lip next to a jetty, after landing 3 or so I hear a guy behind me trying to get my attention.  Starts asking me questions about what I'm doing, being in a good mood, and the fact that he looked like he was just on a walk down the beach with his wife, I obliged and answered questions about what I was doing and how I was catching these fish.  His last question was "are these fish gonna stay here?" to which I assumed he meant through the summer, I said sure, theyll probably be here all year.  He said thanks and is on his way.  10 minutes later I hear him again behind with a rod in his hand "they still here!?".  I realized his last question was more literal and in the immediate sense.  He asks if he can fish near me, I asked him to give me some space.  Guy walks 20 feet away to my left and starts casting back under my feet with a 2 oz bucktail.  My good mood was leaving me, I hooked another fish, swing it up on the jetty to hear from another guy behind me say "great! they still are here".  Guy number 1 has invited his friend to fish 5 feet to my right.    With two knuckleheads casting heavy bucktails in 2 feet of water with steel leaders I said to myself its time to go, and possibly not come back until summer is over.  

Nightmarish 

Early was ok, water cooled a bit & rolling nicely S wind was irritating but manageable - SSE fan is now on high, makes it no fun to be out there 

On 6/6/2022 at 0:28 PM, Mr. Bigdeal said:

yup......there's alot of homeless out there and they'll help themselves to what you got, also the legalization of drugs here in NJ adds to the scenario.......watch your stuff and yourself.

watch out for the deranged stoners 

The wind sure was puffing out front.   I tried in the spot I've been catching fish but the south east wind had the water just loaded with weed and the belly in the line made it hard to keep in contact with the lure.   I also quickly hit up a bay flats looking for something cruising but not takers there.    Back at it tomorrow.  

4 hours ago, linesiderdemdnj said:

Nightmarish 

But classic. 

Just tested positive for Covid.  Looks like I will be out of commission for awhile, ARGH!

10 mins ago, MC55 said:

Just tested positive for Covid.  Looks like I will be out of commission for awhile, ARGH!

Sorry to hear but personally I think Covid may not like fresh air and sun. If you feel well enough I think you should spend more time out there

45 mins ago, MC55 said:

Mike - if you feel good go fishing.  Drink fluids. Lots of gaterade.  You will be back in business in a day or a few days. If you have no symptoms go fishing 

1 hour ago, MC55 said:

Oh man, sorry to hear…Praying you feel better soon… hope you get over it quickly! 

in the mean time we will all catch your fish for you… so don’t worry! 

at least you won’t miss too much with this SE blow 

3 hours ago, MC55 said:

That's a bummer.  I agree with what was said above.. if you feel up for it and symptoms are mild just go fishing.  Hope you have a speedy recovery.