June 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

MC55

7 hours ago, chocodove said:

Last night 830pm - 1am out back MoCo. Found a spot with a few blues. Landed one and had a few others hit/come unbuttoned on a bone Swarter. They didn’t want anything else. First time I saw a decent amount of small bait fish in the water all spring. Should have stayed for the change of tide but I was dead tired after a long day. 

Had a turtle bump into me that scared the crap out of me. Thought is was a horseshoe crab until I realized it was right next to me on the surface moseying along. 

AD80C096-FF42-4EFC-84EC-91C4FDEFC604.jpeg

haha I saw him too, we must have been close!  never seen a turtle back there.

20220605_224313.jpg

report: handful of short fluke on the incoming on a gulp jerk shad

Edited by ctd450

40 mins ago, ctd450 said:

haha I saw him too, we must have been close!  never seen a turtle back there.

20220605_224313.jpg

report: handful of short fluke on the incoming on a gulp jerk shad

Ha, he was probably making his way up and wondering what the two dudes standing in the water were doing :)

Edited by chocodove

Grind today on the fluke grounds. Nice day to be out with a buddy of mine and the kids and bad part of the day was turning my legs into beef jerky. Forgot all about the lotion rushing around. Didn’t even notice they were bad until I was driving home. Oh and one other bad thing I noticed that came to mind when I got home. That question of “where’s my phone?” Oh yeah. Took a ride on my hatch lid on the kayak on the trailer and flew off somewhere. So to those texting me on here, I’m not gonna see it yet. Will have a phone tomorrow. If someone runs into a brand new IPhone with a camo case it’s mine.

1 hour ago, FishingmaniYaks said:

Grind today on the fluke grounds. Nice day to be out with a buddy of mine and the kids and bad part of the day was turning my legs into beef jerky. Forgot all about the lotion rushing around. Didn’t even notice they were bad until I was driving home. Oh and one other bad thing I noticed that came to mind when I got home. That question of “where’s my phone?” Oh yeah. Took a ride on my hatch lid on the kayak on the trailer and flew off somewhere. So to those texting me on here, I’m not gonna see it yet. Will have a phone tomorrow. If someone runs into a brand new IPhone with a camo case it’s mine.

Ok that sucks.  I will txr you that your an ass. Hahaha

Fished RB beach today for Fluke. Tried circle hooks with gulp and bunker strip, Lots of hits ( at least a dozen) but no hook ups. Switched out circle hook with a crushed barb traditional bait hook. 5 hits and hook ups ( one slightly gut hook but swam away )

Ran out of bunker and switched to gulp squid strip and bare gulp ...not even a tap

I used a very old Harnell pole ( 50+ years ) with and new Revros LT reel. Very happy with the performance. I guess getting lots of hits had something to do with it.

I Suggest trying the bunker gulp combo.

Any suggestions on circle hook approach ( circle hook size etc.) to improve hook up to hit ratio ( batting 0 currently ) 629ec19698c70_PoleHarnell.jpg.3c4f73d53e81365060a744bf90afa535.jpgwould be appreciated by me and the fluke

Edited by captnemo58

Sunday morning had a quick hour or two while the kids napped so ran down to the beach for a quick session.  Immediately find some small bass cruising the lip next to a jetty, after landing 3 or so I hear a guy behind me trying to get my attention.  Starts asking me questions about what I'm doing, being in a good mood, and the fact that he looked like he was just on a walk down the beach with his wife, I obliged and answered questions about what I was doing and how I was catching these fish.  His last question was "are these fish gonna stay here?" to which I assumed he meant through the summer, I said sure, theyll probably be here all year.  He said thanks and is on his way.  10 minutes later I hear him again behind with a rod in his hand "they still here!?".  I realized his last question was more literal and in the immediate sense.  He asks if he can fish near me, I asked him to give me some space.  Guy walks 20 feet away to my left and starts casting back under my feet with a 2 oz bucktail.  My good mood was leaving me, I hooked another fish, swing it up on the jetty to hear from another guy behind me say "great! they still are here".  Guy number 1 has invited his friend to fish 5 feet to my right.    With two knuckleheads casting heavy bucktails in 2 feet of water with steel leaders I said to myself its time to go, and possibly not come back until summer is over.  

32 mins ago, bbfish said:

Sunday morning had a quick hour or two while the kids napped so ran down to the beach for a quick session.  Immediately find some small bass cruising the lip next to a jetty, after landing 3 or so I hear a guy behind me trying to get my attention.  Starts asking me questions about what I'm doing, being in a good mood, and the fact that he looked like he was just on a walk down the beach with his wife, I obliged and answered questions about what I was doing and how I was catching these fish.  His last question was "are these fish gonna stay here?" to which I assumed he meant through the summer, I said sure, theyll probably be here all year.  He said thanks and is on his way.  10 minutes later I hear him again behind with a rod in his hand "they still here!?".  I realized his last question was more literal and in the immediate sense.  He asks if he can fish near me, I asked him to give me some space.  Guy walks 20 feet away to my left and starts casting back under my feet with a 2 oz bucktail.  My good mood was leaving me, I hooked another fish, swing it up on the jetty to hear from another guy behind me say "great! they still are here".  Guy number 1 has invited his friend to fish 5 feet to my right.    With two knuckleheads casting heavy bucktails in 2 feet of water with steel leaders I said to myself its time to go, and possibly not come back until summer is over.  

It is why the answer to “did you catch anything” is always no & fishing reports always lag a week

Just now, bbfish said:

I should have stated he watched me catch, in hindsight I should have just lied to his face.  What fish?

:) has happened to me a dozen times in the last few weeks- I just tell folks I am catching shad or snagged a bunker 99% they don’t know the difference 

9 hours ago, captnemo58 said:

629ec19698c70_PoleHarnell.jpg.3c4f73d53e81365060a744bf90afa535.jpg

Harnell 701 - VERY nice !!!

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

• MC55 locked this topic