MC55

June 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

475 posts in this topic

18 mins ago, bbfish said:

As a novice fisherman you're missing the clue.  80 lb braid and 100 lb mono leader.

10 mins ago, Goldy said:

Maybe its me. I dont understand how on a boat even with the 40s and maybe 50s out there you bend out hooks. Unless you are near structure and had to turn them.   

also as an expert up your hooks to mustad 5x

All right ladies, move on already. 

On 6/2/2022 at 7:24 AM, Mike said:

Late report: Got to a T jetty around first light. East wind was in my face and the bass were busting on bunker within range. Broke out a Big Don's yellow redhead pencil and went to town. Landed four 30 lb class fish before I was spotted and mugged.

Over the next half hour the jetty filled in with guys. We all caught for the next couple of hours. Everyone worked together, mindful of other's lines, helping land fish for each other. What a great time. 

Oh, yeah, late report from 2008.

Was on the front of Garfield jetty with three other guys, in heavy fog. There was a slight breeze  and we start to hear water ripping off to our right. Fog starts to clear up and we fired pencils into the dissipating fog. All four of us hook up and by the time we landed the first bass, the fish had exploded right in front of us. Fish were in the 25 to 35 lb range. One other guy shows up and reaches for his phone. We told him if he got on the phone they'd never find his body. Eventually word got out and the jetty damn near sank with the number of guys that showed up. I got out of there and headed two jetties south to a hidden area where I couldn't be seen. Fish moved in there right as I arrived and I had them for about an hour, all by myself. It wasn't long after that when I ran into @blind squirl who introduced me to @fishless , who put some kind of a curse on my jetty, since the blitz days ended soon after! Fond memories of days long gone.

10 mins ago, nam1969 said:

Fond memories of days long gone.

At least we have that. 

Pretty sure you found us doing the same thing you were doing, finding our own fish away from the crowds. 

A little less surf action out there this morning so was tougher to find the moving water for a good bug drift.  Still managed to find a couple with the better one at 29 inches.  Did see some other fish caught so there are fish to be had.  Getting more fluke taps as they surgically pick off the bugs without touching the hook. Plan to head back to that same area in the morning.  Bug season is well underway!

DSCF3843.JPG

4 hours ago, Goldy said:

the problem is my 5yr old will want to just reel it in.   Maybe @MC55 will take my kid and show him the ropes

same deal… I usually dead stick one, I’ll fish another one, and my son will toss some plugs while we wait… or he also like to dig up the crabs and fill up the bucket 

7 hours ago, SnoozeFishing said:

Beautiful morning got there alittle earlier today. Couldn’t ask for better bass conditions and in NJ that usually means that the bite is going to suck. Saw a couple bass break surface behind the sluggo but they just weren’t taking it. Threw the bag to see what they wanted but nothing doing. Decided to fish some top water on the way back to hopefully annoy a fish enough to take a swipe and it paid off with a nice 15#. Had some obligations or I would have fished all day it was hard to leave. 

67B590F4-A107-41DC-AEDB-77A608ABFA01.jpeg

Nobody wants to see small fish and spotless reels bro

Posted (edited) · Report post

I had exactly 1 hour to fish in between meetings :).   I found the ocean to be dirty with trash and seaweed but there were still pockets of cleanish water to fish.  I managed this one long and skinny guy WAY out the end end of the cast as I brought the lure off the bar.  The poor guy had a bum eye on the other side too but still is feeding and found the bucktail no problem.  

IMG_5234.jpeg

Edited by pressphotog

16 hours ago, MC55 said:

A little less surf action out there this morning so was tougher to find the moving water for a good bug drift.  Still managed to find a couple with the better one at 29 inches.  Did see some other fish caught so there are fish to be had.  Getting more fluke taps as they surgically pick off the bugs without touching the hook. Plan to head back to that same area in the morning.  Bug season is well underway!

DSCF3843.JPG

I know that weed line. 

50 mins ago, Eeeeels said:

Decent pick last night. Out front 1am till sunup. Slow retrieve on the mustard and black. 
Got mugged at first light and had a heated exchange. Tired of rolling over and playing dead…….sometime ya just gotta hold your ground.

PICS TO PISS JIM K OFF. : - )

69EA7711-6A16-4BB0-A939-7845584A08CF.jpeg

B369577D-B01D-47EC-8556-08B773CD7FD3.jpeg

What else do you expect on that jetty. Of course you will get mugged. That area is a ****how.