MC55

June 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

483 posts in this topic

Bugging out front SoMoCo tonight 8:00 -10:00. Dogfish - 3, Stripers - 0.  Nice night anyway. Beats getting skunked and the conditions seemed perfect. Try again tomorrow 

Hit a nearby beach at 5:45 this morning and caught a total of 3, 2 short fluke and 1 short, fat bass. No need to tell the masses how these were caught (you can tell by the pic), I may end up getting kicked off the forum.

3B1CFDAC-BC19-43E3-B161-2094E31DC419.jpeg

D802E134-2E8F-45F2-88BF-7A1C26CEC53A.jpeg

Much slower out there for me this morning.  Water conditions were pretty good but with a lighter surf and warmer water.  Fished some really nice cuts but they were not in the mood for breakfast, I guess.  Found only one at 28 inches.  Will probably make a move in the morning.

DSCF3932.JPG

1 hour ago, sjsurf2014 said:

Hit a nearby beach at 5:45 this morning and caught a total of 3, 2 short fluke and 1 short, fat bass. No need to tell the masses how these were caught (you can tell by the pic), I may end up getting kicked off the forum.

3B1CFDAC-BC19-43E3-B161-2094E31DC419.jpeg

D802E134-2E8F-45F2-88BF-7A1C26CEC53A.jpeg

It’s good to see that your using HOOKS to catch fish!!! Lol and that you kept one of your fish wet! 

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, DeeMonee said:

Nice AM, cool light westerly, beginning of incoming, water a bit warmer and cleaner on my stretch. Flat ocean and no life. Found 2 small fish early and then nothing for awhile. As the tide and current started to build, small birds started diving outside the bar. Suddenly my line felt like it got hit by a truck. No subtle hit and then a run, like they’ve been doing. It was a sprint right out the gate. Ended with 3 bass, including the 28” fullback and a 18.5” fluke.

AE9FD0A5-9BD6-40AE-A1EB-E0867B966FB6.jpeg

Same here, mine hit like a truck and ran me down the beach ~50 yards on 3 good runs

Edited by sjsurf2014
Typographical error “tan” should be “ran” as shown in the above edit

got lost on the way to the ocean and caught this funny looking thing. if you squint hard enough kinda looks like a bass

B8C7AAFA-7643-479A-A976-84D35F76FFBE.png

Edited by MEF

3 hours ago, MEF said:

got lost on the way to the ocean and caught this funny looking thing. if you squint hard enough kinda looks like a bass

Nice catch, I’m sure that was a blast on the fly rod. If I squint hard enough, I do see a bass!

8 hours ago, DeeMonee said:

Nice AM, cool light westerly, beginning of incoming, water a bit warmer and cleaner on my stretch. Flat ocean and no life. Found 2 small fish early and then nothing for awhile. As the tide and current started to build, small birds started diving outside the bar. Suddenly my line felt like it got hit by a truck. No subtle hit and then a run, like they’ve been doing. It was a sprint right out the gate. Ended with 3 bass, including the 28” fullback and a 18.5” fluke.

Nice use of Bass to protect reel from sand.. more pics.... Pleeaassee

AE9FD0A5-9BD6-40AE-A1EB-E0867B966FB6.jpeg

Edited by JimK

Late report from Monday.  Out front, Moco.  Fished the last few hours of outgoing, and the beginning of incoming, but then decided to play it safe when it started to thunder.  Hooked and lost a nice-sized fluke, then landed a keeper that would have had to go back last year at 17.5".  Was fishing a pink/white clouser.  Spent a little time sight-fishing bass in the trough, but couldn't get them to take either my clouser or a couple of different crab patterns.  Frustrating to see them start towards the fly, then veer off.  Was one of a very few on the beach, probably due to the rain, but conditions otherwise were nice (clean water, small surf, but not dead flat, light wind).  Ospreys were returning sporadically with bunker but didn't see any in close.

8 hours ago, MEF said:

What type of fly did you use to catch it?

Fly caught carp are a complete blast- love to fish for them. Nice catch. For what it is worth I use weighted wooly buggers bdhawk. You have to see them first though and lead them. Very underrated fishery.