MC55

June 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

475 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Mike said:

Late report: Got to a T jetty around first light. East wind was in my face and the bass were busting on bunker within range. Broke out a Big Don's yellow redhead pencil and went to town. Landed four 30 lb class fish before I was spotted and mugged.

Over the next half hour the jetty filled in with guys. We all caught for the next couple of hours. Everyone worked together, mindful of other's lines, helping land fish for each other. What a great time. 

Oh, yeah, late report from 2008.

Funny. I was reading this and was like no way thats now. Hahah

Fished sundown out back,got soaked. Spook did the trick, few blow up and follows, and one stick and unbutton on a nice fish. Still fun 

11 hours ago, gcjeep14 said:

Fished in the back early morning, topwater and bluefish (7-8 lbs).  Also my 30 lb. fluro leader must of tasted like candy, had to change three times. May have to up my leader to 40lbs.  Two and three fish fighting for the same plug, no big gators but they were hungry!!  

80#

13 hours ago, Goldy said:

Every year i always say im gonna bug fish and i never do it.  It might just be time.  

im not much of a bait fisherman... but its actually really fun if you take the kids.... 

5 mins ago, bbfish said:

Here's a report. 

9F888125-A81C-4D0B-AF31-94812298658D.jpeg

As an expert fisherman you need help setting your drag. Glad you got on the big fish

8 mins ago, Mr.Belmar said:

im not much of a bait fisherman... but its actually really fun if you take the kids.... 

the problem is my 5yr old will want to just reel it in.   Maybe @MC55 will take my kid and show him the ropes

1 min ago, Goldy said:

As an expert fisherman you need help setting your drag. Glad you got on the big fish

If your drag was too light you wouldn't land them.  Theres a reason it was so tight.

2 mins ago, bbfish said:

If your drag was too light you wouldn't land them.  Theres a reason it was so tight.

As an expert fisherman you are on a boat.  Back down on them.  What are u fishing 3000 size reel?  

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 mins ago, Goldy said:

As an expert fisherman you are on a boat.  Back down on them.  What are u fishing 3000 size reel?  

As a novice fisherman you're missing the clue.  80 lb braid and 100 lb mono leader.

Edited by bbfish

6 mins ago, bbfish said:

As a novice fisherman you're missing the clue.  80 lb braid and 100 lb mono leader.

Maybe its me. I dont understand how on a boat even with the 40s and maybe 50s out there you bend out hooks. Unless you are near structure and had to turn them.   

also as an expert up your hooks to mustad 5x