June 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

MC55

Went tuna fishing today but we only got one before resorting to banging tiles. Never done this before but like going 80 miles out sucks. It does fascinate me seeing other people that far out and also banging tiles in the middle of no where 400 feet deep. But if you want to troll up some mahi wahoo and whatever just move somewhere south and make your life easier. Square peg in a round hole trying to make this work up here I feel like but hell if I know. Bucket list item checked off

On 6/26/2022 at 9:37 AM, Sudsy said:

From the end of the fisherman's trail out of K lot, if you go towards the left towards the Coast Guard you're going to "The Rip", if you go to the right towards the ocean you go to the "false Hook"

Somehow over the years the False Hook started incorrectly being called the Rip 

Lot M is actually closer to to the end of the Fisherman's Trail. 

Unless lot M is closed this year. Haven't been there yet this summer but last summer that's where I parked when I did my shore fluke fishing from either the False Hook area or the Rip.

1 min ago, Skolmann said:

Lot M is actually closer to to the end of the Fisherman's Trail. 

Unless lot M is closed this year. Haven't been there yet this summer but last summer that's where I parked when I did my shore fluke fishing from either the False Hook area or the Rip.

"M" lot ? 

40ish years and never heard that lot name before

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

Interesting, learned something new.

I wonder when that happened ? When they separated out the south side of the lot and let it grow over ?

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

Short night shift session in SMoCo on the falling with steady S wind. Had the pleasure of sharing the water with one of SOL’s OGs. Slow night - one slot bass that had a recent speargun related gash on its back and a 2-3lbs bluefish both on a bucktail. Spent the rest of the session throwing my bag to no avail. Only bait I saw were some shrimp and silversides. Beats the skunk.

90320B41-3F57-4AC9-B79A-4963A4E23F04.jpeg

53 mins ago, MVTee said:

Short night shift session in SMoCo on the falling with steady S wind. Had the pleasure of sharing the water with one of SOL’s OGs. Slow night - one slot bass that had a recent speargun related gash on its back and a 2-3lbs bluefish both on a bucktail. Spent the rest of the session throwing my bag to no avail. Only bait I saw were some shrimp and silversides. Beats the skunk.

90320B41-3F57-4AC9-B79A-4963A4E23F04.jpeg

OG's?? Original Gangstas... Sounds better than someone of advanced age..:topper:

"Russian War Ship.. go f*#k yourself"

I took the skunk this morning on a quick outing before work.   A stiff shifting wind going from SSE to SSW and back and forth really played games with my presentation and keeping contact with my lure.  I've never had wind all over the place like this that I can remember.  I was the only one on the beach and the water looked fishy for what is was worth. 

Edited by pressphotog

• MC55 locked this topic