MC55

June 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

475 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Ed White said:

What the hell, here's  a fish pic.

No bugs were harmed, plug fish, yellow over white swimmer, right off the end of that rockpile.

Now ya did it….everyone is going to be fishing on a beach with a surf rod and a yellow over white swimmer at the end of a rock pile, nice job…there goes the bass population, right down the **** 

6 hours ago, waltw said:

Now ya did it….everyone is going to be fishing on a beach with a surf rod and a yellow over white swimmer at the end of a rock pile, nice job…there goes the bass population, right down the **** 

My bad......

Nice morning out with the light east wind. Warm clean water. Bunker have been making more of a presence the last few weeks, some osprey were putting on a diving show for them. Just fished an hour with top water, few misses and one 7lb blue fish. Just had the feel of an every cast morning, didn’t happen but very relaxing with no other person in sight.

On the beach at 5 am, Monmouth County. Light to moderate ESE wind, which eventually went full E. Nice chop on the water, with white water to work with. Outgoing tide. Water cooler than yesterday and way more cabbage and snot. After getting the required OK from the Committee, I dug some bugs. Nothing in the first couple of drifts except the aforementioned cabbage on the line. Switched to the other side of the jetty and as I was walking toward the water a bass came completely out of the water no more than 10 feet from the sand! Now I might not be the brightest bulk in the pack, but even I knew it might be a good idea to fish in that spot! Flipped the bug in and within seconds was hooked up. Small fish in the 22-24 inch range. He was, however, chunky and feisty. Missed another one and lost a third. Just then @jeffw  showed up and the bite went dead! Not saying it was Jeff's fault, but it was awfully coincidental! Anyway, nothing for the rest of my outing. I did switch to a bucktail and had a hit on the first cast. End of story. Off the beach at 8 a.m. Back at it in the a.m.

22 hours ago, Ed White said:

No bugs were harmed, plug fish, yellow over white swimmer, right off the end of that rockpile.

6509.jpeg.9adc55a12acc8cedaed71344d20f8e01.jpeg

We chatted today. Nice meeting you. Happy anniversary..

1 hour ago, adams54 said:

Out front moco outgoing. Was getting a lot taps at one spot...thought it was fluke or maybe kings.  Then fish on...I'm not a huge picture taker but I had to document my first and last surf tog on a 5/0 circle hook fished with a 1/4oz of weight.  It was a nice one too. The bait I used is pretty obvious if you study my picture. I was inspired by MC55s picture in which he clumsily left his bait for the whole world to see.

IMG_4118.jpg

Very nice tog but ur baby toe is freaking me out

On 6/22/2022 at 9:48 PM, Ed White said:

6509.jpeg.9adc55a12acc8cedaed71344d20f8e01.jpeg

Whoa! Look at those legs! Stud man! Nice job Sir!

2 hours ago, adams54 said:

I was inspired by MC55s picture in which he clumsily left his bait for the whole world to see.

IMG_4118.jpg

Mussels? Ha! Nice job Dude! Unicorns and Tog. What’s next? Bluefin from the surf?