MC55

June 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

483 posts in this topic

2 mins ago, Goldy said:

Nice Fish. It's a shame grumpys posted the tactic 

to be honest, the handful of guys that I am seeing trying it, they will have zero success unless they get extremely lucky. Just an observation of what I am seeing on popular OC beaches.

8 mins ago, jrzyripper said:

to be honest, the handful of guys that I am seeing trying it, they will have zero success unless they get extremely lucky. Just an observation of what I am seeing on popular OC beaches.

Dude im just busting. Im in dogfish mode and rotate to cow nose soon

Off topic alert: So this month we have a reports thread about not posting reports, and not discussing a particular method used to catch fish during the reporting period.

Slightly on topic: I fished on a boat, I caught winter flounder for the 1st time in my life, I caught other fish, and saw people I haven't seen in years and had a great day. ~plumbdumbtruth

Posted (edited)

I shook off the yard work and hit the sand determined not to skunk for the day. MoCo light ESE, overcast, middle of outgoing, flat ocean. Slow pick of 4 stripes landed up to 28”. Next outing will be Friday AM hopefully.

8D1824A7-E959-40CE-AB5F-21814002C714.jpeg

Edited by DeeMonee

8 hours ago, Sheisty said:

Off topic alert: So this month we have a reports thread about not posting reports, and not discussing a particular method used to catch fish during the reporting period.

Sign of end times.

9 hours ago, DeeMonee said:

I shook off the yard work and hit the sand determined not to skunk for the day. MoCo light ESE, overcast, middle of outgoing, flat ocean. Slow pick of 4 stripes landed up to 28”. Next outing will be Friday AM hopefully.

8D1824A7-E959-40CE-AB5F-21814002C714.jpeg

You should edit out that sand crab in the upper right corner, you don't want to trigger any more snowflakes.

Fish yesterday afternoon mid Ocean County on a famous beach participation was very light. Water was clean mostly flat And clear. Wind was from the Southwest and lite there was bunker behind the bar and some kind of small bait fish in close with nothing on them. Managed a medium blue fish on a metal and a short striper on a swim shad Could not pull out a fluke for the slam.

Just FYI, I saw a few cow nosed rays in the bay yesterday at Barnegat beach.

23 hours ago, jrzyripper said:

Blurring out my tactics as to not ruffle the feathers of the tactic police. 

1F011CCA-FA03-43C7-81F0-F3E4373005C4.jpeg

That is against the very basis of this site. Just look at it's title..........

SOL_Logo_high_res_75pct_1.jpg.aca1022eee 

The stiff SSE wind this morning definitely added a challenge to the outing.  Have to say the water looked great with plenty of warm, clear, clean, white water.  The challenge was trying to make a good presentation to the stripes.  Finished up with 5, lost another and had a couple other bumps.  Biggest was just over 26 inchers.  Wind forecast calls for a more easterly flow tomorrow so could be an improvement over this morning. 

DSCF3916.JPG

Love this weather change, except for the south wind, managed 2 in quick succession then quiet. 

2 hours ago, MC55 said:

The stiff SSE wind this morning definitely added a challenge to the outing.  Have to say the water looked great with plenty of warm, clear, clean, white water.  The challenge was trying to make a good presentation to the stripes.  Finished up with 5, lost another and had a couple other bumps.  Biggest was just over 26 inchers.  Wind forecast calls for a more easterly flow tomorrow so could be an improvement over this morning. 

DSCF3916.JPG

AHA! All the controversy over the bug fishing has you switching off to mussel bait fishing! You'll catch hell for this one! Should have buried that mussel before taking the photo! Rookie mistake.

Posted (edited)

Nice fishy looking water today clear and some whitewater but things did start to dirty up at the end my trip with  the SSE wind doing its thing.   I managed just 2 fish today 1 decent blue and one nice 36 inch bass all on bucktail.  The bass had a rash on his tail and was was blood red.  In the water while landing him I wasn't sure what I was looking at or what I had on.  

IMG_5351.jpeg

Edited by pressphotog