MC55

June 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

475 posts in this topic

18 mins ago, linesiderdemdnj said:

Good thing you got your reel in the pic

fish wouldn't have hit it without the zeebaas on so just showing what it takes to catch one. I was walking while I took the pic so I'm sorry I didn't make sure to leave it out for ya papa

Fished in the back early morning, topwater and bluefish (7-8 lbs).  Also my 30 lb. fluro leader must of tasted like candy, had to change three times. May have to up my leader to 40lbs.  Two and three fish fighting for the same plug, no big gators but they were hungry!!  

49 mins ago, SnoozeFishing said:

fish wouldn't have hit it without the zeebaas on so just showing what it takes to catch one. I was walking while I took the pic so I'm sorry I didn't make sure to leave it out for ya papa

Def. Thanks bubbie

2 hours ago, adams54 said:

Had a pretty sweet plan last night. Had my bug rake, bug rod, surf rod,plugs and jigs. Was gonna hit it out front and a few spots in the back. I get there and saw a light show. Bummer. Seemed fishy just didn't want to test my fate.

Me too… me too… it was raining like cats and dogs… 

@Mike  you had me on the first few lines…. “What??!? I missed it???” Lol but in 2008 I didn’t miss it! 

9 mins ago, Mr.Belmar said:

Me too… me too… it was raining like cats and dogs… 

@Mike  you had me on the first few lines…. “What??!? I missed it???” Lol but in 2008 I didn’t miss it! 

The rain was fun. Refreshing almost. That lightening in the distance is what put the fear of God in me. My wife doesnt like do overs. Should make for an interesting conversation tonight when I tell her what needs to happen.

In South Jersey, digging bugs is difficult. I have to work to get one for my grandsons!
Anyone have any idea how far north I need to go, to find plenty to try bug fishing? 
thx!!! 

2 hours ago, adams54 said:

The rain was fun. Refreshing almost. That lightening in the distance is what put the fear of God in me. My wife doesnt like do overs. Should make for an interesting conversation tonight when I tell her what needs to happen.

Looks like more T-storms tonight. Threw a wrench in my plans as well.

Thought I was going to be shut out today but managed a few big bluefish on the bone SP. walked by the inlet lots of spearing, rainfish, thumb nail sized peanuts, even saw a kingfish- the fisherman there, and there were few, have long given up on bluefish and are now fluke fishing with little success Even the divers saw nothing 

got chased off the beach by lightning last night, looks like a repeat tonight 

still no bunker - Day 68 since last sighting 

6 hours ago, gcjeep14 said:

Fished in the back early morning, topwater and bluefish (7-8 lbs).  Also my 30 lb. fluro leader must of tasted like candy, had to change three times. May have to up my leader to 40lbs.  Two and three fish fighting for the same plug, no big gators but they were hungry!!  

Hopefully sundown has that same sweet taste.

9 hours ago, bbfish said:

My favorite part of those blitzes was how they often started at like 3pm and went till dark.  No need for an early morning or a sleepless night!  Those were my first few years fishing and I thought I was just incredible at it, so naive.  30s were normal and 40s not too uncommon.

I'd been fishing a few years by then, and when I started getting into a few of those blitzes I thought, "Oh this is what those guys meant by blitzes" I'd heard the term my whole life from a father and uncle who both chased stripers when they were younger, but had never seen one. So I thought that was just the way it was and that I had just found out about them, and that they would happen forever, just like they had always happened, forever. Boy was I wrong. I got to enjoy 5 or 6 years of that stupid fishing and thought I'd be doing that till I died, instead I've just gotten to watch the fishery change year after year, and not for the better. Still get a glimpse of how it could be time to time, but boy, did I get spoiled.

Took a trip last morningnight to what I thought was going to be rain and "normal" wind. Ended up being gusts over 20 easy, lightning... So I waited, tried, waited, just couldnt do it. Son of a.

Upon arrival 2 gents were leaving and said it was pretty rough n dirty but conditions were getting decent enough as I was waiting it out. All besides those non headlamp flashes of light.