MC55

June 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

483 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, nam1969 said:

Put in a quick early evening 45 minute trip. Wave size was a lot bigger than this morning. Outgoing tide with white water. Strong south to north sweep and water was a lot cloudier than this morning. Tried the bugs and not a tap. Fished with @jeffw who had arrived shortly before me. He hadn't hooked up before I left, but had a nice spot to send the bugs out and, hopefully, he had some success. I'm out of the game tomorrow morning. Appointment at the VA in East Orange. Somebody has to assume the bug fishing detail tomorrow. 

No errors today, more than made up for yesterday 

Took some time off waiting for the wind to turn back around to the west. Was happy to get out this morning and just as expected the bite was on out front. 4 fish in before dawn, noticed that my line decided to create a dropper loop above my fg knot, and of course I had nothing with me to retie. So I let it go, big mistake. Had a really nice fish on at sun up, saw the broom tail and as soon as the drag started going the line snapped. Tied direct to a new sluggo, out on a rock tip and the next fish cut me off on the rock. Now out of sluggos I tied direct to a 7” spook and had some awesome blow ups from smaller fish, probably close to 5 at different spots but nothing hooked up. Bait was a plenty, will be on the night shift tonight with leader, clips, and a bag of sluggos. 

5CBD9BEE-618F-4060-994C-0435CDC83F52.jpeg

AFD47C08-AE46-4CCF-9A74-6407DC26676C.jpeg

12D1FDF6-2D95-4AC8-B524-8F6DF5F8C8EB.jpeg

03009E5A-CCBD-4559-B24B-0F02AC284C6B.jpeg

656EE290-9120-4EB4-AD17-28189CDEB65D.jpeg

Whats up with the red spots on.the sluggos? Intentional? Usually happens to me when i mix white sluggos with red by accident. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, bdowning said:

Whats up with the red spots on.the sluggos? Intentional? Usually happens to me when i mix white sluggos with red by accident. 

That’s exactly what it is. I will never ever buy red/black sluggos again. Stuff bleeds on everything. It’s been a couple years since I purchased it but I have one on my desk and that one happened to just be laying against that one. 

Edited by SnoozeFishing

I believe Lunker City discontinued the red/black (or "red shad" as they call it) anyway, at least in 9". Along with a few other good colors. You can find some out there on FleaBay etc, but few and far between. But yeah, it's a notorious bleeder. I can custom pour non bleeding versions, but it's a pain. 

Water cooled a few degrees but cleaned up a little Swell is dying down, was a very nice day as the W wind didn’t pick up until about an hour ago Saw bunker again today along a crowded beach - it’s summer 

1 hour ago, KrocFoot said:

Thanks to all you guys for motivating me to make a rake and give bugs a try. Got my first ever with my daughter by my side!

20220610_183100.jpg

Screenshot_20220610-185134_Gallery.jpg

Isn’t that the best. 

2 hours ago, KrocFoot said:

Thanks to all you guys for motivating me to make a rake and give bugs a try. Got my first ever with my daughter by my side!

20220610_183100.jpg

This just made my day!  I remember my kid’s first surf trip which luckily produced a schoolie on clam.  Fish and hunt with them now, so you don’t have to fish and hunt for them later. 

3 hours ago, KrocFoot said:

20220610_183100.jpg

Better put that bottom pic in a frame. Congrats 

3 hours ago, KrocFoot said:

20220610_183100.jpg

That's great man!! Good you got that fantastic picture too. 

Get her a little rod soon yeah?

Out back in MoCo the last few weeks. The fluke bite has been good. Biggest being 19.5. Amazingly enough, I actually caught one that measured 17.99. Some blues were blitzing today. The one I brought onboard barfed up a peanut and a spearing. Back at it in a few hours.