MC55

June 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

475 posts in this topic

Report as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names or areas.

A specific spot is too much information!
It's not like telling a friend or two, posting it here is telling thousands. Doing so only creates crowds, garbage, and loss of our spots.

For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The terms to use are..........
Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.

County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in separate threads.

New month and hopefully more reports of fish being caught.  NNE wind, warm white water that was clean and green should have had the fish begging to be caught.  Best I could do was one in the low 20-inch range that went for the bugs.  First official bug caught fish of the season.  Tossed the plastics too but nothing doing.  Did have a couple of other light hits with the bugs, just didn't connect.  Would be nice if the wind would stay NE for a while but its forecast to be bouncing around a bit.  Will see if they are more active tomorrow.

I quickly fished out front today in central Monmouth county  - not my home turf and it showed.   I hit two relatively close to each other jetty bits but could not shake the seaweed near and in-between them.    The water looked nice and I loved the easterly wind that had the surf all shook up and looking fishy.  I left with a skunk but honestly didn't really have enough time in a unknown areas to me to really have had a chance at catching something If I'm truly being honest about it. 

1 hour ago, Master Debaiter said:

Buddy talked me into dead sticking in the Hudson, hooked into a very nice fish but came unbuttoned. No other hits and eels were relentless 

Need to convince myself to soak some bait on a Hudson county pier one night again. Plenty of cows to be had years ago, sure it’s the same. Side note, this coming week last year blues blew up on a certain Monmouth county beach for me……

Late report: Got to a T jetty around first light. East wind was in my face and the bass were busting on bunker within range. Broke out a Big Don's yellow redhead pencil and went to town. Landed four 30 lb class fish before I was spotted and mugged.

Over the next half hour the jetty filled in with guys. We all caught for the next couple of hours. Everyone worked together, mindful of other's lines, helping land fish for each other. What a great time. 

Oh, yeah, late report from 2008.

35 mins ago, Mike said:

Late report: Got to a T jetty around first light. East wind was in my face and the bass were busting on bunker within range. Broke out a Big Don's yellow redhead pencil and went to town. Landed four 30 lb class fish before I was spotted and mugged.

Over the next half hour the jetty filled in with guys. We all caught for the next couple of hours. Everyone worked together, mindful of other's lines, helping land fish for each other. What a great time. 

:beatin:

1 hour ago, Mike said:

My favorite part of those blitzes was how they often started at like 3pm and went till dark.  No need for an early morning or a sleepless night!  Those were my first few years fishing and I thought I was just incredible at it, so naive.  30s were normal and 40s not too uncommon.

15 mins ago, bbfish said:

My favorite part of those blitzes was how they often started at like 3pm and went till dark.  No need for an early morning or a sleepless night!  Those were my first few years fishing and I thought I was just incredible at it, so naive.  30s were normal and 40s not too uncommon.

If there were pods of bunker hanging around all day just outside the jetties, all we had to was sit and wait for a light SE and then it was game on.  The visuals of giant bass ripping through bunker on the surface are something I'll never forget. 

Just now, GeoffT said:

If there were pods of bunker hanging around all day just outside the jetties, all we had to was sit and wait for a light SE and then it was game on.  The visuals of giant bass ripping through bunker on the surface are something I'll never forget. 

You know whats funny is now I hate SE wind.  Used to be the magic maker.

Nice morning again out front MoCO, 3 landed but had a lot of hits from smaller bass, sluggo was the ticket. Had to help a lady fisherman get some trebles out of a 22” bass, she was riding it like it had a saddle with no grips. By the time I ran over after seeing her struggle the fish was half dead, had to get in the water for 5 minutes to revive. It kicked off but I didn’t have a good feeling about it. Also just realized that all the bass today were landed on the rear hook. 

#BLM // bug lives matter. 

F648FCFA-35B6-4C02-84BF-206556295791.jpeg

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Remember those days well Still no bunker around out front. Yesterday’s conditions were perfect in terms of temp, wind, waves, current & clarity but nothing much going on save some small bluefish Today - dead calm, flat water, bright out - I am sure it will blow up ;)

Had a pretty sweet plan last night. Had my bug rake, bug rod, surf rod,plugs and jigs. Was gonna hit it out front and a few spots in the back. I get there and saw a light show. Bummer. Seemed fishy just didn't want to test my fate.

1 hour ago, SnoozeFishing said:

Nice morning again out front MoCO, 3 landed but had a lot of hits from smaller bass, sluggo was the ticket. Had to help a lady fisherman get some trebles out of a 22” bass, she was riding it like it had a saddle with no grips. By the time I ran over after seeing her struggle the fish was half dead, had to get in the water for 5 minutes to revive. It kicked off but I didn’t have a good feeling about it. Also just realized that all the bass today were landed on the rear hook. 

#BLM // bug lives matter. 

F648FCFA-35B6-4C02-84BF-206556295791.jpeg

Good thing you got your reel in the pic