Goldy

When are gas prices going to come down?

Rate this topic

2,607 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, z-man said:

This is a decent article describing what needs to be done to go all electric by 2050. It’s a lot of words but gives some good info for those that want to learn. 
It’s called “Is Going All-Electric a Fantasy?”

https://zeroenergyproject.org/2022/06/27/all-electric/

I just read it.  The person (or people) who wrote it, seem to me to be clueless on power with a lot of "ifs" scenario's.  They fail to mention that by 2050 most natural gas power stations will not be running since that cheap energy source will run out.. what is going to replace that?  not one iota on power generation or what it really takes ($) to upgrade the grid.  It was worded.. the power companies can easily incorporate an X% increase... orly?

I have no issue with EV's especially for urban area's as that is the target, but to phase out everything... pipe dream in my mind.

20 mins ago, Jdeadman66 said:

What are you a shoe salesman?

Why you going after him.  Just stay semi on topic

22 mins ago, Jdeadman66 said:

This is me at work. 

153FC7AF-0677-4C22-8F0D-D66B2DA89C2A.jpeg

5 mins ago, makomakoman said:

I just read it.  The person (or people) who wrote it, seem to me to be clueless on power with a lot of "ifs" scenario's.  They fail to mention that by 2050 most natural gas power stations will not be running since that cheap energy source will run out.. what is going to replace that?  not one iota on power generation or what it really takes ($) to upgrade the grid.  It was worded.. the power companies can easily incorporate an X% increase... orly?

I have no issue with EV's especially for urban area's as that is the target, but to phase out everything... pipe dream in my mind.

The world could runs on rainbow power and unicorn farts. Both are clean energy. :bucktooth:

6 mins ago, makomakoman said:

We’re talking over 28 years. Do you think nothing will change with the grid and power production in that amount of time? Half the people in this thread won’t even be alive anymore. Some of the key points are that as the need for more power for EVs slowly builds up the need for power for homes is dropping with more efficient systems and better insulation. Also important is the constant increase in solar panels both on homes and as municipal power generation. 

there is no such thing a true "clean" energy.  they all have their darksides

1 min ago, z-man said:

We’re talking over 28 years. Do you think nothing will change with the grid and power production in that amount of time? Half the people in this thread won’t even be alive anymore. Some of the key points are that as the need for more power for EVs slowly builds up the need for power for homes is dropping with more efficient systems and better insulation. Also important is the constant increase in solar panels both on homes and as municipal power generation. 

no.. solar is a blip as far as power generation.  

We have done nothing so far to prepare for what is coming.  28 years is nothing.  

and who is paying for more efficient systems and insulation at the homeowner level? please tell me

5 mins ago, makomakoman said:

We have done nothing so far to prepare for what is coming.  28 years is nothing.  

and who is paying for more efficient systems and insulation at the homeowner level? please tell me

You ever talk to Mick before? You know that funny australian guy? Same situation here.  :laugh:

53 mins ago, Jdeadman66 said:

He doesn't get it 

26 mins ago, makomakoman said:

Solar can self power an entire home and then some. That’s already happening. 

The more efficient systems and insulation are required by the new building and energy codes. None of this is immediate but the point is that over 30 years all of our new structures will more energy efficient and any others that had renovations as well. 

10 mins ago, z-man said:

Solar can self power an entire home and then some. That’s already happening. 

The more efficient systems and insulation are required by the new building and energy codes. None of this is immediate but the point is that over 30 years all of our new structures will more energy efficient and any others that had renovations as well. 

that is not true.  not even close.  Are you talking about 15-20 houses..lol

35 mins ago, makomakoman said:

that is not true.  not even close.  Are you talking about 15-20 houses..lol

It most certainly is true if done correctly. I know people that have an excess in credits from the power company for power they sent back into the grid. The only problem is it’s only credits and they won’t give back cash so they will most likely never even use it.