Goldy

When are gas prices going to come down?

Rate this topic

1,286 posts in this topic

Whats your opinion?  

I never in my life envisioned almost 5$ a gallon.  

when i say down i mean back down to something reasonable.  This is insane

Maybe in two years, if the nation has the desire.

At the moment, I don't see it.

48 mins ago, Goldy said:

If that's true, you're either young, dumb or clearly haven't been paying attention... 

This is capitalism at it's finest. Doesn't matter if we're talking about gas, food or life saving drugs, it's about the price we're willing to pay. May the rich get richer. 

If you make widgets in your basement that you sell locally for $50 and all of a sudden people in S. Africa are willing to pay $500 for your widget, where you gona sell your widget? 

My guess, and that's all it is, is that some time next year it'll drop back to $4.00, maybe $3.50 .. or not.  

58 mins ago, Goldy said:

Whats your opinion?  

when i say down i mean back down to something reasonable.  This is insane

giphy.gif

Posted (edited) · Report post

I wouldn't plan on prices of oil or gasoline changing much. My wife works in the oil industry, her company sells heating oil & fuel to distributors up and down the east coast. There are too many variables including further supply chain issues, the threat of war, manufacturing elsewhere and its own demand.  But perhaps the biggest is policies that have been instituted ( including by law) by this administration to keep with the green deal agenda as well as inflation.

If you're under 45 years of age this inflationary fueled recession could take a while

If you are a private home owner start saving for next winters heating oil and a more efficient vehicle if you must travel for work

Edited by iphish

7 mins ago, ByronPA said:

If that's true, you're either young, dumb or clearly haven't been paying attention... 

This is capitalism at it's finest. Doesn't matter if we're talking about gas, food or life saving drugs, it's about the price we're willing to pay. May the rich get richer. 

If you make widgets in your basement that you sell locally for $50 and all of a sudden people in S. Africa are willing to pay $500 for your widget, where you gona sell your widget? 

My guess, and that's all it is, is that some time next year it'll drop back to $4.00, maybe $3.50 .. or not.  

True. But the american people

as a whole cant be this dumb.  When exxon reports record

earnings.  

45 mins ago, Lucky said:

I wonder if it's time to embrace this bull**** and get the tesla

If you do that. They win. Thats their plan

9 mins ago, ByronPA said:

You speak of price gouging, you're wrong. Its demand, cost of goods, distribution and productivity

1 hour ago, Goldy said:

Whats your opinion?  

In short order you will be seeing $5 a gallon and long for the days of $4.50/gal.

3 mins ago, Goldy said:

True. But the american people

as a whole cant be this dumb.  When exxon reports record

earnings.  

Less than 10% of the workers are working from home now ( compared to 45%), traffic has returned to pre-pandemic levels and in certain areas are higher. The demands for fuel spiked = record earnings

6 mins ago, iphish said:

If you are a private home owner start saving for next winters heating oil and a more efficient vehicle if you must travel for work

Yup on the start saving for next winter heating costs.

I see it being at least double last winters costs.