ProSkateFisherman

June fishing reports

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Fished the Susquehanna. Sort of slow but people were still catching. I caught 4 or 5 I think, biggest around 20”. A guy next to me had one on that was probably 30”+, but he dropped it and I lost a nicer fish right before dark. I also caught a catfish.

Edited by ProSkateFisherman
Made it less burn-y. Sorry

5 hours ago, ProSkateFisherman said:

I was too descriptive, and I apologize for that. I’ll keep the location general or out of it completely from now on. Thanks

Was just busting on ya man. No harm intended.I understand how it goes when you have a good trip and wanna share. However the sad part is that’s how that place has become what it is. 20 years ago there was maybe 10 of us and then came social media, Susquehanna fishing club on FB, you tube video’s and now it’s 30-40 guys every weekend combat fishing shoulder to shoulder.Add the bird people and carp fisherman above the flat rock, poaching and it’s the pits. Good luck maybe I’ll see you around. ✌️

1 hour ago, GoneCoastal said:

Was just busting on ya man. No harm intended.I understand how it goes when you have a good trip and wanna share. However the sad part is that’s how that place has become what it is. 20 years ago there was maybe 10 of us and then came social media, Susquehanna fishing club on FB, you tube video’s and now it’s 30-40 guys every weekend combat fishing shoulder to shoulder.Add the bird people and carp fisherman above the flat rock, poaching and it’s the pits. Good luck maybe I’ll see you around. ✌️

Oh boy, I forgot about the bird people... One time I stopped there and there were probably 5 total parking spots. Not many fishermen, just birders, all lined up from the entrance to the "no fishing past this point" sign. Another story I have is from last year. early in the day before the water rises. There were a TON of carp and catfish fishermen, and I had trouble finding a spot. I was able to fit in eventually and then the guys next to me, having just watched me cast my line, cast right over me. Happened about 3 times, each resulting in a tangle, and then they yelled at me about it! I left and came back later and caught some fish. A different group of people had a stringer with about 40 fish on it, not exaggerating. All carp and catfish. Once the water rose they cleared out. 

It's a mess on the weekends, so I only go weekdays if possible, and even then it's still relatively full, but most of the guys there are nice and helpful and are fun to fish with. I agree the internet really didn't help keep anything secret. I tend to be maybe a bit too descriptive sometimes lol. Sometimes you forget that it isn't just a little group of people looking at this thread. Good luck out there bud.

18 hours ago, GoneCoastal said:

The bucket brigade lining the whole shore is what gets me usually.  When I fish there I usually aim to be there an hour or so before dawn and fish until the crowd starts.