ProSkateFisherman

June fishing reports

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

June is upon us! Striper season has begun in the Susquehanna, and soon everywhere will be packed full of people. Now I have to start getting out there more before the water gets too hot for C&R. Good luck guys. Hope to see some big ones in here. 

Betting the big ones are gone, but who knows.

Buddy of mine caught large this past weekend, and we both agreed there couldn't be many more following her.

Hoping to get onto the trout/redfish/bluefish real soon.

Absolute cownose invasion in all of my favorite spots. Going to be interesting.

1 hour ago, ASrod said:

Absolute cownose invasion in all of my favorite spots. Going to be interesting.

Ouch. Best of luck to your poor jigheads.

2 hours ago, Saltfruit said:

Ouch. Best of luck to your poor jigheads.

It’s such a pain most of the time but it’s pretty satisfying when I’m using my heavier duty 7’6” becayse I just whip them right in. Poor bastards don’t know what hit them.

glad to see you guys back.it looks like im not missing much. i'm looking to head out next week. if the damn rain doesn't mess things up..be safe out there.

10 hours ago, ASrod said:

It’s such a pain most of the time but it’s pretty satisfying when I’m using my heavier duty 7’6” becayse I just whip them right in. Poor bastards don’t know what hit them.

Your hooks don't straighten out? Damn

Went out in eastern bay. A lot of life at first light. Had a bunch of hits on top water but they were all little guys. Tried casting paddle tails at current with points but only picked up some 15" fish. Not a remarkable day but it was good to get out. 

Side note I guess because of gas prices but there were hardly any boats out even at 10-11am. When I got back to a usually packed parking lot there was plenty of space left. 

1 hour ago, ATBfish said:

Went out in eastern bay. A lot of life at first light. Had a bunch of hits on top water but they were all little guys. Tried casting paddle tails at current with points but only picked up some 15" fish. Not a remarkable day but it was good to get out. 

Side note I guess because of gas prices but there were hardly any boats out even at 10-11am. When I got back to a usually packed parking lot there was plenty of space left. 

I'm not very good at striper fishing so a 15" fish for me is a great day. Or I should say that I'm great at striper fishing, just terrible at striper catching lol.  Always better then nothing. 

And the less boats the better. I fish a kayak on a lake for lake trout and I'm sick of dumb boaters going 70 miles per hours right next to me. I don't care if boats pull up near me to fish... just please don't try to capsize me whenever you go by lol. I love fishing on my yak on a cloudy day when there's nobody around... there's something about it that's just beautiful.

14 hours ago, Saltfruit said:

Your hooks don't straighten out? Damn

I get my jigheads from Dan Tinman and he uses some pretty good hooks. Here’s a last season cownose that I muscled in and still have that jighead to this day.

AEFAAD90-35B0-43F2-AE09-0FD45251F28A.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Heard about big schools of reds at Kiptopeke so ran down there. Apparently we missed them, talking to the locals. The front that came through Thursday broke up the pattern. We stubbled across one good school of fish. We landed 2 black and a cobia out of it. First black drum for me and being on the jig made it even better. 

36337AB8-7345-4C2E-B36E-DF3CBC07745A.jpeg

Edited by Ginger5.hoo

Posted (edited)

Got my 1st keeper (23'') of the season yesterday in a new fishing spot.

Edited by SMY

20 hours ago, Ginger5.hoo said:

Heard about big schools of reds at Kiptopeke so ran down there. Apparently we missed them, talking to the locals. The front that came through Thursday broke up the pattern. We stubbled across one good school of fish. We landed 2 black and a cobia out of it. First black drum for me and being on the jig made it even better. 

36337AB8-7345-4C2E-B36E-DF3CBC07745A.jpeg

looks like you hit the jackpot there! congratulations!