bassmaster

Xra 1083

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

I want to strip my xra 1083 and get rid of the giant guides on it from 90,s

Socan some one tell me guide placement,  woukd like k guides i dunno lol.

How many guides and type.

I should just take it to cms lol

Go to the Angler Resource/Fuji site znd use one of the described systems, which ever one fits your fancy. Running guides are up to you, depending on line and knots used among other things.

1 hour ago, bassmaster said:

So dont use duct tape?

No, Gorilla Tape is better.

Or masking tape with apoxxee over it.

Thought some one would have a spacing  and amount of guides

Using  gisa 6k vs 150 stella 6000

Halp mah

21 mins ago, bassmaster said:

Thought some one would have a spacing  and amount of guides

Using  gisa 6k vs 150 stella 6000

Halp mah

Spoonplugger gave you everything you need. 

If you look at your first post, you gave us zero information other than you wanted to change the guides. Guide selection does not now and never has depended on what blank you put them on, or how long, or short it is, that info only tells you how many you need to buy.

So using the systems I suggested before you need to know the diameter of the reel spool, half that and you will have a general idea of the size you need as the first guide from the reel, the GPS system even picks that for you, the rest is just building a straightest line path for the line till you get to your smallest guides which simply keep the line under control because a line that is not controlled doesn't cast well, it expends all your energy banging around on the blank and guides and trying to tie knots, or loop around a guide.

Now you must decide if you want single, or double foot guides. Double foot guides for the most part are not as high as single foot guides and height of the blank for the few first guides is very important to keep the line off the blank and to tame it so it flows smoothly down the rest of the guide train maximizing casting. Single foot guides are also not near as durable as double foot guides so if your rod takes a bit of knocking about while being stored and transported to the fishing grounds, this can be a factor even though the actual fishing doesn't need them. I bet your rod has all doubles on it right now, any rods I must depend on the be in one piece when I get off the bush plane, etc. have durable double foots.

look over the info at anglers resource site, great info there. if you are going with double foot guides you will need the 30,25,20,12, runners (10's or 8's). i double foot the rest single 30 20, 12, 8's. all single can be standard single foot which is more of a NGC build or the highframes which would be a KR setup, check that out on anglers resource

Assuming 6k or 150 and relatively light braid under 30# Id vote a quick KR makeover with KLH high frames.

Exact guides and placement is gonna cost ya the formula for your favorite needle.

Built several of them over the years and others.  I have tried a number of set ups.  If you are tough on you tackle and fish on rocky beaches and jetties I would recommend KLH Alconite #30H, 20H, 12, 10@6 or & plus tip. For sand beaches or back bays switch to #10 single foots.

7 hours ago, Al Goldberg said:

Built several of them over the years and others.  I have tried a number of set ups.  If you are tough on you tackle and fish on rocky beaches and jetties I would recommend KLH Alconite #30H, 20H, 12, 10@6 or & plus tip. For sand beaches or back bays switch to #10 single foots.

Thanks, been to busy

But the vidio i watched teached me a few things.

So for sand 

A 30, 20 12, 10   so would i want 8 guides im not sure what to buy for guides as far as amount.  For the test in the vidio for placement

Yeah, Dave... You are not going to get this built during the season on your own. No way no how. Eight days now, you should just take it to CMS. I have to head down there at some point for a Rainshadow 1088.....