stateguy

Which Bag Do You Prefer 2 or 3 tube

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

Don’t really care about brand name. But if you want to include it fine

i am more interested in mobility and comfort 

what ever you want to include 

I like two tube. Lightweight and not too bulky to lug around. It fits nicely on a belt and works with a shoulder strap too. It also forces me to not bring a ton of plugs.

3 tube. 2-3 plugs per tube so at night you dont have big birds nest of trebles.

Also if you have a 2 tube you need excellent discipline to not fill those 2 tubes to the brim :p

3 tube can be packed light or packed full, but a 2 tube is always just a 2 tube.  I’m either half naked, or loaded for bear.  

if you have a flatlander, you can buy a 2 tube and an extra tube. You can have both. Or if youre feeling like youre really lacking room, theres another spot for an extra tube making it 4 tubes.

This is purely a personal decision. More tubes equals more weight, bulkiness, & less mobility (but more plugs). Where you draw the line is up to you.

That is why I have both (plus bigger too). Some days you walk miles and small is essential, other days you pull up in your vehicle right to where you are fishing with minimal effort and there is a great benefit of bringing everything you need.

If I was to have just one it would be a 3 tube. Not too bulky and can hold a decent amount of plugs. Everything is a compromise!

I went from an ODM Surfwave 3.5 tube down to an ODM AIO single tube. The AIO has a 4.25" tube that can hold a lot of plugs. I put dividers in mine so they don't get tangled. It also has a built in plier holster and a couple bucktail/tin slots inside.

So now I have my Z-belt rigged with the AIO on my right side and the bucktail pouch from my Surfwave on my left side. I haven't missed lugging the 3.5 tube around on my shoulder and if you pack carefully you'll have what you need on your belt. Game changer for me...

I prefer a 2 tube just for weight/space saving on the belt and the reality of I usually don't need 3 tubes of plugs. As previously stated about flatlander bags... That is what I use and I do on certain occasions attach another tube to it making 3 total. If I was going with another company that doesn't have the add-on capability; I would probably still go with 2 tube.

Usually 2/3 plugs per tube and 2-3 needlefish stuck between the bag/outside of tubes.

I like a 3 tube bag with pouch in size only and customize it with 1.5 and 2” tubes instead of three,  3” tubes that these bags usually come with. That way I can store one plug per tube. This cuts down on tangles which can be aggravating and happen frequently with the common three tube bag. Very rarely do I find the need to carry more than seven or eight plugs. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 5/30/2022 at 7:59 PM, Bow3022 said:

if you have a flatlander, you can buy a 2 tube and an extra tube. You can have both. Or if youre feeling like youre really lacking room, theres another spot for an extra tube making it 4 tubes.

Yep. After using this system for a while now I think it’s really hard to beat for versatility. 

I have a two tube (thanks again for that one) and a three tube and with the addition of an extra tube to either I can cover pretty much any situation I’d be in. 

I also use dividers in a tube or two to cut down on tangles. 

Edited by chocodove
Added divider info.

I think a 3 tube bag is about the smallest that makes sense as an all around bag if you want a well stocked bag for a tide. 

I mainly use a short two tube and it’s perfect for the type of fishing I do. I have a 3 tube and only really use it for when I’m fishing new spots where I feel having a larger variety of plugs will be beneficial. In both cases I end only throwing 3 plugs so could get away with a single tube easily.