Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
New yota

SP MINNOW PAINTING

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

Have acouple well used SP MINNOWS that I hate to throw away and was wondering if there was some paint suggestion if it’s even worth trying. Thanks. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

29 mins ago, Rizz1877 said:

Use them for blue fish 

I usually do and people around me were catching on SP’s that looked alot newer in various colors and catching so I figured maybe new were in order and maybe fix up the old ones if I could. 

Edited by New yota

12 mins ago, ifishthebadspots said:

I spray painted the mint one that was sent to me by accident into ivory (bone), and it was the most productive sp for me last season.

Thanks 

26 mins ago, New yota said:

I usually do and people around me were catching on SP’s that looked alot newer in various colors and catching so I figured maybe new were in order and maybe fix up the old ones if I could. 

Blue fish aren't as picky as bass, they'll chase anything 

3 mins ago, Rizz1877 said:

Blue fish aren't as picky as bass, they'll chase anything 

I agree but,They were picky for me for some reason while others were hooking up?

They could've just been doing something different, faster or slower retrieve, sinking vs floating sps. Maybe even just casting location. Could be a few variables. At the end of the day just change the hardware and paint them whatever color you like. They are still very useful. I have a good amount of plugs that are beat up and still use them effectively. 

a can of color, a can of clear gloss. few bucks total.

lures will be almost like brand new afterwards.

unless it snapped in half, why throw it away?

I usually fish them till they're super beat. I did retire one a couple weeks back. For the simple fact that we have been into big fish and a friend had a well worn one snap in half on a good fish. Now was that the reason it snapped in two? I personally don't think so. I've seen pics of brand new broken. But, I figured why chance it.

As a rule alot of the plastic swimmers I fish are super beat up. That's because they've caught alot. I have a hard time switching out for new when I've done good with the plug.

1 hour ago, New yota said:

Have acouple well used SP MINNOWS that I hate to throw away and was wondering if there was some paint suggestion if it’s even worth trying. Thanks. 

IMG_20220528_165245.jpg.d449134dd223dac3f3085d5cb9d3a612.jpg

H⚔️H