cartopper

Complete disrespect . . .

Rate this topic

50 posts in this topic

Should have asked if he could tell you how deep your plugs were running. NVM, his SI unit was probably trying to look through the bank versus the water column. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 5/27/2022 at 11:07 AM, cartopper said:

This clown at 10:30pmish . . . Absolutely no regard for the shore based angler, and lit up like Times Square.  Years ago I would have considered placing a pencil popper in his ear, but there’s no upside, only down.  At this stage of the game I just walk away to another spot or go home.

This spring has been the worst regarding disrespectful anglers, both on the sand as well as in boats.  And I’ve been at this game for 45+ years.

7B7E04DE-459E-415E-904C-38F370929450.jpeg

I can't see what you're talking about.  When a meteor hits the wash, this happens.  I hope you weren't injured.  Unless, maybe...  maybe, there's a boat out there and the owner's boyfriend is trying to find his chico for a little moonlight stool stomp.  Besides, SURF FISH DON'T COUNT!  To that moron anyway. 

Cool ripple reflection effect on the water though. It looks like something an old time limp wristed "arteest" would have spent a lot of time painting on a masterpiece.

Edited by Jettyhound

Please excuse the dumb question from the west coast... Are bright lights a nuisance to shore fishermen's eyes, or do they deter the striper bite, or both?

2 hours ago, Mike Mendez said:

Please excuse the dumb question from the west coast... Are bright lights a nuisance to shore fishermen's eyes, or do they deter the striper bite, or both?

Ill bite...

Both. Your eyes adjust rather well in almost all conditions at night. Takes a good while though. One bright light to wide open pupils could have you seeing stars for 30 minutes. Getting "hit" is no fun. And I've seen my own light not controlled, my own fault, change a bite for sure. A lot different than a consistent light source though. 

8 mins ago, Basswiper said:

Both. Your eyes adjust rather well in almost all conditions at night. Takes a good while though. One bright light to wide open pupils could have you seeing stars for 30 minutes. Getting "hit" is no fun. And I've seen my own light not controlled, my own fault, change a bite for sure. A lot different than a consistent light source though. 

Thank you for that.  Now I get that losing a portion of your site while standing on a rock, or moving water could be dangerous.  A moving/non-consistent light causing the bite to change is interesting... I never knew that.