cartopper

Complete disrespect . . .

Rate this topic

50 posts in this topic

This clown at 10:30pmish . . . Absolutely no regard for the shore based angler, and lit up like Times Square.  Years ago I would have considered placing a pencil popper in his ear, but there’s no upside, only down.  At this stage of the game I just walk away to another spot or go home.

This spring has been the worst regarding disrespectful anglers, both on the sand as well as in boats.  And I’ve been at this game for 45+ years.

7B7E04DE-459E-415E-904C-38F370929450.jpeg

that was my question...crabbing?  or just your run of the mill NJ dillydock with too much $ and not enough brains?

Up here in new england, night lights are used for squidding but only offshore or from piers.

Could have been crabbing... or just getting his crew and deck together for an early run out to the seabass grounds and not paying attention to the shoreline activity.... but we usually go dark as soon as we leave the dock to get our night vison going..

31 mins ago, BrianZ said:

that was my question...crabbing?  or just your run of the mill NJ dillydock with too much $ and not enough brains?

41 mins ago, fishless said:

What was he even doing lighting everything up like that?

Just being a clown . . . was not in an area for crabbing.  He was striper fishing, I think, but @BrianZ, just your run of the mill NJ dillydock.  Don't believe he had any idea what he was doing . . . flashed my light, he hit his horn a couple times acknowledging and proceeded to come in closer.  He may have thought I was calling him into fish IDK.  I just left at that point and wished the fella's staying, good luck. 

It’s joisey ,and it’s boating season … wait to the folks who invaded joisey from the surrounding states start flaunting their c h I t around …it’s going to get worse … lol lol lol 

Could be ignorance or could be selfishness. Just as bad when other shore-based anglers pretend to ignore your presence and walk right into the area you are catching fish. The sad fact is “expecting people to respect you because you respect them is like expecting a lion not to try to eat you because you didnt try to eat it.”

Everybody knows the whole point of putting a bunch of lights on your boat is so that you can run at night and NOT use them, right?

51 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

Everybody knows the whole point of putting a bunch of lights on your boat is so that you can run at night and NOT use them, right?

If you are afraid of the dark, don’t fish at night :idea: 

I was working a daytime topwater last fall when a boat ran over my line. I was waving and yelling, reeling like a madman, but he cut me off. I lost a lot of line!  He came back over, idled l, and yelled “You got a problem?”  I had to bite my tongue. I just smiled and said, “No, but you probably will.  You cut me off and took some line.”  He proceeded to ask me what that was supposed to mean, I told him he will eventually find out with all that line he took. I really don’t think he knew what I meant. Dope. Dopes everywhere. I’m not a boat guy, but I’ve heard line can really do a number on motors. 

40 mins ago, TimS said:

If you are afraid of the dark, don’t fish at night :idea: 

If you are afraid of boats with lights, then don't fish from land at night. :)

JZ - I interpret your statement as

"If you are afraid of clueless idiots in boats who have no idea what they are doing, then don' fish from land at night" then I agree with you

If your meaning is to justify and defend that boats actions, then I don't agree

That "fisherman" in the boat - who was not "running" - was in 6-10 foot of water with half dozen or more surf fisherman throwing plugs right in front of these surf guys

I fish that area often in my boat and never will mug up surf guys. Total disrespect for numerous fellow fishermen

Besides the fact that there is a LOT of room in that area for a boat and no one needs that ridiculous light show far away from boat traffic

Common sense and respect

Guess common sense isn't so common