Capt.Castafly

Life Sucks (Sometime) !

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

You can't teach "Stupid!

Dropped off clients this afternoon in the parking lot of Salt Pond Plaza and  this situation happened.

I was leaving the Plaza from Pt. Jude Road Exit, my truck and trailer was positioned to take a left turn at the light in the left lane. 

Each exit side has two lanes divided by a small curb island. I swing out to clear my trailer tires to avoid scrapping the island curb and this woman thinks there is enough room to get by.

Her left front tires hit the island curb, her front right side hits my trailer, peel my fender and the trailer step catches her bumper and pulls it off. 

20220525_105808.jpg

20220525_110233 (1).jpg

At least youre ok and the boats ok! Ive seen more than a few near misses in exactly the same scenario you describe. :dismay:

And for what, so she can save 30 seconds not waiting.... People never cease to amaze and disappoint

Women and a certain kind of people from a certain area of the world can’t drive. 

Coincidentally, I drove into the parking lot and saw her car and the police. You must have already departed. The madness in Narragansett is just beginning.

2 hours ago, dickd said:

Coincidentally, I drove into the parking lot and saw her car and the police. You must have already departed. The madness in Narragansett is just beginning.

We were blocking transit at the exit, so after the police did their thing I was able to pull the boat back into the Salt Pond Plaza to take a closer look. I was still there but in the parking lot.  

People are always in a rush.  

I block both lanes when turning for that reason.  People don't realize they can get crushed and I probably wouldn't even notice.   Or that the rear end of my vehicle swings out 4ft on a turn.    

These days you need 360 degree vision to deal with some of the nonsense on the roads. :squid:

Glad no one was hurt.

From the picture angle it looks like the fender is contacting the boat.

The nerve of some people!

I had to trailer my boat to Barrington to have Stanley's do some work last spring. The amount of vehicles that cut me off and then slammed on the brakes was amazing. 

1 hour ago, Zubinac said:

Glad no one was hurt.

From the picture angle it looks like the fender is contacting the boat.

The nerve of some people!

I had to trailer my boat to Barrington to have Stanley's do some work last spring. The amount of vehicles that cut me off and then slammed on the brakes was amazing. 

A woman did just that to me on the Bourne bridge. I was driving a 28ft flatbed fully loaded going downhill to the rotary , she cuts in from my left , close to my front bumper and slams her brakes don't know how I didn't pancake that idiot.

Damn , people are ridiculous these days. 

She Damaged your rig over a couple minutes wait. 

Unreal

On 5/26/2022 at 5:07 AM, HugeDinghy said:

Women and a certain kind of people from a certain area of the world can’t drive. 

What area?

On 5/25/2022 at 2:22 PM, Kooky said:

And for what, so she can save 30 seconds not waiting.... People never cease to amaze and disappoint

The fact that they see something that big in front of them and still take the chance lol so stupid