Richard_the_Aughth

Cape cod bait shop hours

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Call them in the morning is the best. These hours can changes weekly for most of them.

Edited by foxfai

Remember when you could call ahead  and they would leave Eels out for late night arrivals..... then stop by in the AM. to square up.:th:

Used to drive 4 hours to fish a tide then 4 more home, they said they would put them out ...... and they always did, I counted on it.

Good old days I guess, long before I ever saw a seal.

1 hour ago, Plug and teaser said:

Remember when you could call ahead  and they would leave Eels out for late night arrivals..... then stop by in the AM. to square up.:th:

Used to drive 4 hours to fish a tide then 4 more home, they said they would put them out ...... and they always did, I counted on it.

Good old days I guess, long before I ever saw a seal.

Not many bait shop would do that. 

Bob's bait shack in Winthrop did that for me when I couldn't get there before they close. They said they will leave what I want outside and just told me to drop money in their mail box. A+ service in my book.

Posted (edited) · Report post

In the sixties and early seventies everyone bounced worms.   That's how DJ and I met as kids.   But every couple years the worm diggers in Maine would go on strike, and there would be no worms.

My father would call, and Macos would somehow manage to secure us a couple flats. The worms were dug by "scap" worm diggers. When Mr Hopwood would see us, he placed the worms in a secret place behind his shop. I'd put them in the station wagon, while my dad remained in the shop, complaining and distracting everyone.   Those were great days.:heart:

Edited by bob_G

Gas station at the traffic lights in Sandwich have a sign "Bait sold here". 2nd set of lights 2 or 3 miles past the Sagamore Inn.

Don't know what they have or what time closing.