Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Santiago II

media outrage over Nancy Pelosi's communion ban

Rate this topic

228 posts in this topic

Just now, Santiago II said:

When working on the Sabbath has the same moral weight as killing babies, maybe then.

It is. The Bible makes that point, black and white, why else would God tell Moses to have the Sabbath breaker stoned to done? 

13 hours ago, slowroller said:

Sure it does. Neither the Church or Pelosi exist in a vacuum. I understand your need to compartmentalize, but I disagree with your premise that past actions don't change the present situation. 

History of past actions doesn’t necessarily limit future actions.  If it did Germany might win the next world war?

3 mins ago, fishhappy said:

It is. The Bible makes that point, black and white, why else would God tell Moses to have the Sabbath breaker stoned to done? 

I like the way you tell other people what they believe and how they should believe it. 

There are 613 commandments that governed the lives of desert dwelling semi-nomadic people 3000-4000 years ago. 

You can read the New Testament and tell us how the early Christians related to those laws 2000 years ago, let alone how churches view them today.

It's all there in black and white.

Or, you can just keep doing what you're doing

1 hour ago, fishhappy said:

Why is it Christians aren’t marching in the streets for legislation banning work on the Sabbath?

Because Jesus “worked” on the sabbath and said that the sabbath was made for man.

7 mins ago, Santiago II said:

I like the way you tell other people what they believe and how they should believe it. 

There are 613 commandments that governed the lives of desert dwelling semi-nomadic people 3000-4000 years ago. 

You can read the New Testament and tell us how the early Christians related to those laws 2000 years ago, let alone how churches view them today.

It's all there in black and white.

Or, you can just keep doing what you're doing

You can pretend that one of the Ten Commandments isn't Remember the Sabbath Day, to Keep it Holy, and that Jesus didn't say 

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven" Matthew 5:17-19

I think its you who wants to pick and choose. "For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all" James 2:10

19 mins ago, msrief said:

Because Jesus “worked” on the sabbath and said that the sabbath was made for man.

He is also God and can do that. Show me where it tells us in the Bible not to observe the Sabbath.

Posted (edited)

50 mins ago, fishhappy said:

Show me where it tells us in the Bible not to observe the Sabbath.

For the second time. The Catholic Church DOES NOT base its teachings on scripture alone! It has NEVER stated it did! If the Catholic Church DID base its teachings on scripture alone - you would have a point. BUT IT DOESN'T so you have none...

In the Catholic Church:     1) Working on the sabbath IS NOT a sin.

2) Abortion IS a grave sin.

If you want a church that bases its communion decisions on scripture alone- im sure theres one out there in the other 45,000 denominations, or you could start your own.

Fishhappys New Apostolic Evangelical We Only Go By The Bible Church might be the ticket!:th:

Edited by charsea

50 mins ago, fishhappy said:

You can pretend that one of the Ten Commandments isn't Remember the Sabbath Day, to Keep it Holy, and that Jesus didn't say 

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven" Matthew 5:17-19

I think its you who wants to pick and choose. "For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all" James 2:10

It's not like there haven't been people through out history who built their theology on passages out of context, but at least most of them were sincere in their effort.

When you can cite at least the whole New Testament, you might be able to make a real argument.

Galatians 2:15-16

We who are Jews by birth and not sinful Gentiles know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified.

1 hour ago, Santiago II said:

the bible is a Users Guide to Christianity.......

any "rules" that are not specified in the Bible are the creations of man,

in this case the Catholic church is pushing a political agenda.

59 mins ago, fishhappy said:

He is also God and can do that. Show me where it tells us in the Bible not to observe the Sabbath.

Mark 2:24-28

24 The Pharisees said to him, “Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?”

25 He answered, “Have you never read what David did when he and his companions were hungry and in need? 26 In the days of Abiathar the high priest, he entered the house of God and ate the consecrated bread, which is lawful only for priests to eat. And he also gave some to his companions.”

27 Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. 28 So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

9 mins ago, charsea said:

In the Catholic Church:     1) Working on the sabbath IS NOT a sin.

2) Abortion IS a grave sin.

LOL

Pay no attention to the 10 rules that God thought were important enough to issue us.

1 min ago, Santiago II said:

It's not like there haven't been people through out history who built their theology on passages out of context, but at least most of them were sincere in their effort.

When you can cite at least the whole New Testament, you might be able to make a real argument.

Galatians 2:15-16

We who are Jews by birth and not sinful Gentiles know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified.

You are telling me, here today, that not honoring the Sabbath is not a sin? 

Posted (edited)

1 min ago, fishhappy said:

Read the whole Bible and then you can tell me.

Mark 2:24-28

24 The Pharisees said to him, “Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?”

25 He answered, “Have you never read what David did when he and his companions were hungry and in need? 26 In the days of Abiathar the high priest, he entered the house of God and ate the consecrated bread, which is lawful only for priests to eat. And he also gave some to his companions.”

27 Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. 28 So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

Edited by Santiago II

2 mins ago, fishhappy said:

it's pretty funny watching Santiago spin to defend Christo Fascism.

it's bad precedent for the Catholic Church to become so political,

but a blend of religion and authoritarian politics seems to be what people like Santiago crave.