Followers 0
Santiago II

media outrage over Nancy Pelosi's communion ban

Rate this topic

228 posts in this topic

12 mins ago, charsea said:

Yes I am.

A day of grace and rest from work

2184 Just as God "rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had done,"121 human life has a rhythm of work and rest. the institution of the Lord's Day helps everyone enjoy adequate rest and leisure to cultivate their familial, cultural, social, and religious lives.122

2185 On Sundays and other holy days of obligation, the faithful are to refrain from engaging in work or activities that hinder the worship owed to God, the joy proper to the Lord's Day, the performance of the works of mercy, and the appropriate relaxation of mind and body.123 Family needs or important social service can legitimately excuse from the obligation of Sunday rest. the faithful should see to it that legitimate excuses do not lead to habits prejudicial to religion, family life, and health.

From the Catechism.  You went from working on the sabbath to going to mass ( Eucharist ).

Just so you're aware Mass is celebrated Saturday evening, Sunday morning, and Sunday night....

A man/woman that needs to work on Sunday to support his/her family is not committing a sin.

Good to see you reading the catechism though!:howdy:

Lets back this up for a second. If by Grace, and not by acts, all people can be saved, and, if not having communion is a sin, then isn't the priest refusing Nancy Pelosi a sin? Its his actions that are causing her to sin by not receiving communion. 

5 hours ago, fishhappy said:

Why is it Christians aren’t marching in the streets for legislation banning work on the Sabbath?

Working on the sabbath doesn't harm others, so if a person chooses to do it he affects no one but himself.   Abortion is just a little different in that regard, don't you think?  Regardless, I think it should be easy to see why religious types would direct their efforts towards outlawing the killing of unborn babies instead of making sure people don't work on Sunday.

2 hours ago, fish'nmagician said:

the bible is a Users Guide to Christianity.......

any "rules" that are not specified in the Bible are the creations of man,

in this case the Catholic church is pushing a political agenda.

2 hours ago, fish'nmagician said:

LOL

Pay no attention to the 10 rules that God thought were important enough to issue us.

You know one of those rules is thou shall not kill, right?  I'm pretty sure that's the basis of the Church's position on this matter, is it not?

7 hours ago, fishhappy said:

Not at all. What I’m saying is that communion should be refused to any employer who has employees work on the Sabbath or anyone who works on the Sabbath. It’s one of the 10 Commandments. It is worse than murder, as shown in the Numbers 15:32 I quoted earlier.

Isnt it hypocritical of the Catholic Church not to deny breakers of the Sabbath communion?

You really see the two as moral equivalents?  An employer who has his employees work on a Saturday and a politician who celebrates, encourages, and defends killing unborn children....  I have a hard time believing that this is an honest position.  

1 min ago, EBHarvey said:

Working on the sabbath doesn't harm others, so if a person chooses to do it he affects no one but himself.   Abortion is just a little different in that regard, don't you think?  Regardless, I think it should be easy to see why religious types would direct their efforts towards outlawing the killing of unborn babies instead of making sure people don't work on Sunday.

You know one of those rules is thou shall not kill, right?  I'm pretty sure that's the basis of the Church's position on this matter, is it not?

What about a government that allows people to work on the Sabbath? Isn’t that the same thing as a government that allows abortion?

1 min ago, EBHarvey said:

You really see the two as moral equivalents?  An employer who has his employees work on a Saturday and a politician who celebrates, encourages, and defends killing unborn children....  I have a hard time believing that this is an honest position.  

Same thing, the Bible says so, black and white.

25 mins ago, fishhappy said:

What about a government that allows people to work on the Sabbath? Isn’t that the same thing as a government that allows abortion?

24 mins ago, fishhappy said:

Same thing, the Bible says so, black and white.

I'm not going to be convinced that this is an honest position.  Sorry.

4 mins ago, EBHarvey said:

You're overestimating him. 

21 mins ago, EBHarvey said:

Then disregard the Bible.

2 hours ago, fishhappy said:

I get it, so some sins can be watered down by the Catholic Church to make its member think they won't go to hell for breaking them. 

The whole point is to allow the devout to delude themselves into thinking they’ve “got it right” by creating rules & regulations along the way that “absolve” them of their sins.

33 mins ago, EBHarvey said:

Translation: you’ve made a good point, but I feel conflicted so I’m going to tell you that you’re lying so I can minimize the question.

10 mins ago, Santiago II said:

Get back to us when you've actually read it.

I did, cover to cover, even studied it. I have yet to find Jesus stating that the commandment to observe the Sabbath is repealed.