Inside kayak transducer Mount

From what I have viewed you cut a high density foam block roughly 10  percent larger then the transducer shape . Glue that foam to bottom of hull with good marine sealant, I'm using fishing tank silicon. Let dry one day. Fill the block half way with sealant, inspect for bubbles pop if needed. Then place transducer in sealent filled block. Let dry then run your cables. I ordered a cheap yoga 3 inch foam block. You may need to shape the bottom of foam to contour of hull so you get good bond . Run wires using a scanstrut cable seal fitting at the spot where wires will meet your fish finder. This method will not work on side scan transducer. You can also fit you battery below or above deck. Maybe use remain foam to make a small battery holder. Use a smaller 12 v battery similar to those kids power wheels toy car. You don't need a car battery

The only real disadvantage to mounting the transducer inside the hull is that you won’t be able to read water temperature. Another option worth looking into is the Switchblade which allows you to submerge the transducer underwater and pull it back out when not needed. You will not lose any of the features like temperature readings this way. I find temperature readings to be very useful.

4 mins ago, onthefly said:

I've read you will get temps just might be a little off I like the idea of not having to worry about the x ducer. I will be in rivers alot i'm more interested in the charts and navigation . 

For your needs, mounting the transducer inside the hull is the best option.

Got my transducer in temp does work reasonably well on my trailer was getting 75.8 last night and my porch thermometer was reading 78 close enough. Will get kayak in water Saturday night on a muskie/ catfish trip and see if signal is good.

On 5/24/2022 at 8:18 PM, Flip n Dip said:

The only real disadvantage to mounting the transducer inside the hull is that you won’t be able to read water temperature. Another option worth looking into is the Switchblade which allows you to submerge the transducer underwater and pull it back out when not needed. You will not lose any of the features like temperature readings this way. I find temperature readings to be very useful.

Here's a homemade McGiver Skimmer kit I made up in a minute once

before there was kits available for sale that I knew of.

A few years back I attached a puck via a vacuum adapter 

part into the scupper hole once I was on water for my Elite 5....worked out great.

I ran the transducer line down the Hobie 16 on the outside and thru the scupper.

I coiled up the extra TL into a coiled ziplock bundle into a cup holder.

I had very accurate temp, fish and structure readings.

Actually so much better than shooting thru the hull.

Look for it here one SOL and you'll see the photos.   Fly

EDIT....just found some shots after a quick search on my laptop.

62969a715753e_HANDHELDSHOTOFSCUPPERHOLETRANSDUCERMOUNTPVEBRACKET2014.JPG.6cf56a888e58bbe4ee91ed2312db5739.JPG62969aa20e12e_SHOWNSCUPPERMOUNTEDTRANSDUCERONTHECART.JPG.f553aca8a8f01580a392875f2f7ae739.JPG

"For our discussion of kayak angling is no trifling matter but is the way to conduct our lives, nobody untrained in fishing may enter my house."- Fly's Plato

...thinking back I never ran the cable through the scupper 

but simply around and under to simply insert the adapter ...much 

like a butt plug.

giphy.gif

"For our discussion of kayak angling is no trifling matter but is the way to conduct our lives, nobody untrained in fishing may enter my house."- Fly's Plato