Pan handling

Rate this topic

Shaky

I wont give them a dime if they are asking. Tell them I got something for you, then give them a bottle of water or a granola bar. The disappointed reaction on their face is priceless. Most of the money goes towards drugs and alcohol so you are not doing them any favors. If I do see someone who needs help I will, but most choose to live that way and I refuse to support it.

I don’t think I’ve had one take me up on anything offered besides money. I was walking to a bar in NEw Haven and one caught me generous. When I reached down into my pocket it made me look down. I said “ mother ****er you got on Jordan’s!”  

Edited by HugeDinghy

3 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

I don’t think I’ve had one take me up on anything offered besides money. I was walking to a bar in NEw Haven and one caught me generous. When I reached down into my pocket it made me look down. I said “ mother ****er you got on Jordan’s!”  

He was looking for another pair, new style just came out. With wings.

About a month ago some degenerate was outside Kohl’s and one of his boots was missing the sole. Asked him what size he wore, me and the girlfriend went in and bought him a pair of new boots. 

If there’s a hell I’m going there, but nothing wrong with hedging my bets. 

But giving cash isn’t an option. 

Was working at checkers in North Charleston, Had one of those balloon knots ask me for money, I said " no I'm on the ****ing phone",  "I didn't ask you if you were on the ****ing phone"

I snapped and went after him with a hammer, one of the guys inside jumped out of the drive through window and tackled me lol

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

1 hour ago, Gatr522 said:

Places like 8th & Butler

I grew up just a few blocks north of 8th & Butler, 5th & Hunting Park. 

The people I helped were definitely homeless and probably a bit on the crazy side. One guy I bought breakfast or gave him some fruit a few times. He slept outside the building I work in on the sidewalk. 

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

1 min ago, MikeMc said:

I grew up just a few blocks north of 8th & Butler, 5th & Hunting Park. 

The people I helped were definitely homeless and probably a bit on the crazy side. One guy I bought breakfast or gave him some fruit a few times. He slept outside the building I work in on the sidewalk. 

I was in that area from '86-'92. I saw the same actors almost daily. Most were toasted. I was broke myself. Very 3rd world to me. The less derogatory label for me was Americano. 

Most times-even cops would NOT get out of their vehicles. They would pull me over after I left the areas.

I could barely help myself-but I did offer half of my meager sandwich-many times-to those that plead hunger to me. Never one take. Many times I had a partner/trainee or had to work with another sub-contractor from the area. They all told me not to even engage in any way with these people. These same people pointed out the Vets I spoke of that we would give some coin to on occasion.

Hats off to you-growing up in a rough area and being generous. I was out of my element and I am lucky to be here.