Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
foxfai

Gadabout Gaddis - Cape Cod Circa 1969

Rate this topic

50 posts in this topic

There's even a Gadabout Gaddis airport in Bingham, Maine.  Always think fondly of him when I drive by.  One Gadabout Gaddis equals a thousand Charlie Moores.

44 mins ago, shuyak said:

There's even a Gadabout Gaddis airport in Bingham, Maine.  Always think fondly of him when I drive by.  One Gadabout Gaddis equals a thousand Charlie Moores.

Charlie Moores a moron with a hot wife but still a jerk!

What a flashback. Thanks for sharing. Obviously the guy was not married, when he said he could fillet the striper on his dining room table, I thought, yeah that would go well in my house! That music accompaniment was pretty bad though. Sounds like the same music that was played on Ozzie and Harriet. 

9 hours ago, mackerel hunter said:

He had a TV show.  I think it was on Sundays.  It was a must watch in my house.

Not in mine. My father hated him with a passion. :laugh: 

I understand it now---I felt the same way about Jimmy Houston.

Posted (edited) · Report post

The Flying Fisherman!

Loved him as a kid.    He would come to the local High School once a year on a weekend night and give a talk and show videos while he narrated.   My step dad knew him from way back, and we would sit with him afterwards while they caught up on life.  I thought it was "cool" that he knew someone famous.

Edited by Jeff270

He had a book too.   Tells this story about taking out a bunch of young guys that were drinking.   They were fishing near a low bridge.    One guy hooked a Greyhound bus and thought he had a big one.   He did and it got away.

I believe he owned a house somewhere in Bourne. He was a Shakespeare rep. An old friend of mine was friends with and fished with him. My friend consequently had a bunch of Shakespeare rods. I still have one of them.

Net stuff. Thanks for posting.

6 mins ago, Shelldrake said:

I believe he owned a house somewhere in Bourne. He was a Shakespeare rep. An old friend of mine was friends with and fished with him. My friend consequently had a bunch of Shakespeare rods. I still have one of them.

Net stuff. Thanks for posting.

He had a girlfriend, I think her name was Bev. She lived at the beginning of the Mashpee dike.  He filmed several segments along the Mashpee dike and Hog Island.  That's how my dad and I learned about the place.

10 mins ago, bob_G said:

He had a girlfriend, I think her name was Bev. She lived at the beginning of the Mashpee dike.  He filmed several segments along the Mashpee dike and Hog Island.  That's how my dad and I learned about the place.

Bob.  Wasn’t that area he and Bev fished and filmed called the “hayfields”. 

Loads of eel grass?

10 mins ago, Joe G said:

Bob.  Wasn’t that area he and Bev fished and filmed called the “hayfields”. 

Loads of eel grass?

Yes it was, the Hayfields. The eel grass used to be so thick my dad and I couldn't wade through it. It would stop boats.

Unfortunately, there is no more eel grass. It all died off for a variety of reasons, primarily pollution, and took the bay scallops with it. 

5 hours ago, bob_G said:

Wow he was ahead of his time! A rare pre-internet spot burn. Makes sense that there’s been no parking there my entire life.