flysully

Dave Browne passing

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Dave was a dear flyfishing friend of ours. We will always miss him.

David Browne, 85

By

RiverheadLOCALMay 20, 2022, 2:07 pm

David Browne of Laurel died on May 18, 2022. He was 85 years old.

The family will receive visitors on Wednesday, May 25 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the DeFriest-Grattan Funeral Home in Mattituck. The Liturgy of Christian Burial will be held following the visitation at 1 p.m. at Our Lady of Good Counsel R.C. Church in Mattituck. Interment will follow at Sacred Heart R.C. Cemetery in Cutchogue.

Sorry to hear that - only knowing him for the last year or so he was a good guy we'll see you at the service.

flysully,

So sorry to hear that Dave has passed. I met a Dave probably ten years ago fly fishing the South Side of Montauk. I was doing the same. He was Irish. He was also very kind and helped me with good advice. I always regretted not meeting him again. I wonder if this is the same Dave.

God bless him.

Mike

Mike that was Dave Brown! About that time he was fishing that area all the time. Many folks on this site have met him and only know him as the kindly Irishman who gave them some advice and a few flies. I remember our nightly phone calls and as early as it was him beating me to our chosen spot. As in all life you’ll meet a character somewhere as I did and I’ll never regret it. God bless, Dave.