notime

Pulaski in early July, guide help

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I'll be north of Pulaski (Alexandria bay) on our annual vacation in early July and I want to take my nephew fly fishing in the Pulaski area.   We are going to drive down for a day to fish.   I know this is not the prime time, but we are just looking for some good trout fishing.   Plan is to hire a guide, so looking for general thoughts about fishing the area in July along with guide recommendations.   Thanks in advance.

Hmmmm, maybe some atlantics around, not sure about trout. I think the river may get a bit warm for that. I know a few friends that get some nice smallmouth bass starting in may. 

ive fished with a guide, Rocky Rockwell. Good guide, retired green beret. Look him up on the web, give him a shout, he might be able to provide info and help.

Realistically it is small mouth bass.  Douglaston stocks some trout but they don't let non pass holders in during the summer.  I'm told that sportsmans and some of the other parking areas up stream fish well in the summer for bass.  Never tried it myself.

Honestly I don’t think you would find many trout due to water temperatures but bass fishing should be good to excellent in any tributary and even near Alexandria Bay. Much easier fly fishing and should provide fast action.

Thats cold water and weather territory, find some lakes up that way with Northern Pike and good smallmouth fishing, might be  the best choice. Good luck and enjoy, beautiful area.