cwslagle

IGLOO IMX 24

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Well no real point debating it if you are already committed to buying one. I think it depends on your use case. If you are getting it for putting keepers on ice, I would recommend a kill bag like an Opah Fathom or a Calcutta bag. I find these are easier to carry around than an igloo hard shell. It probably doesn't matter as much if you are on a boat or can take a truck/buggie wherever you are fishing, but if you are walking in, the bags are a lot easier. That said, I like a good igloo for my drinks as the hard cases stay a little more organized internally than I find with bags.

3 mins ago, FallenKell said:

Well no real point debating it if you are already committed to buying one. I think it depends on your use case. If you are getting it for putting keepers on ice, I would recommend a kill bag like an Opah Fathom or a Calcutta bag. I find these are easier to carry around than an igloo hard shell. It probably doesn't matter as much if you are on a boat or can take a truck/buggie wherever you are fishing, but if you are walking in, the bags are a lot easier. That said, I like a good igloo for my drinks as the hard cases stay a little more organized internally than I find with bags.

Not debating, just had heard they were awkwardly large to carry with the bail handle. Only going to be keeping drinks / food in it. I picked it up last night seems to be of decent construction. 

34 mins ago, animalbarrie said:

Prechill your rotomolded coolers prior to using and it will keep ice A LOT longer.

Agreed, it greatly improves retention in my canyon cooler.

3 hours ago, cwslagle said:

Agreed, it greatly improves retention in my canyon cooler.

How do you like your Canyon cooler? I was thinking of getting one. They looked a little more “condensed” than some others. I’m trying to fit one into a small motorhome compartment. A rectangular box sale is best. Sorry about the thread jack. 
Butch

5 mins ago, Midnightpass said:

How do you like your Canyon cooler? I was thinking of getting one. They looked a little more “condensed” than some others. I’m trying to fit one into a small motorhome compartment. A rectangular box sale is best. Sorry about the thread jack. 
Butch

Canyon is a nice product. I've had my outfitter 55 since 2014. Only issue was I had to call in the warranty on my latches, they failed due to a mixture of sun and use. They boast their 100% lifetime warranty. 

1 min ago, cwslagle said:

Canyon is a nice product. I've had my outfitter 55 since 2014. Only issue was I had to call in the warranty on my latches, they failed due to a mixture of sun and use. They boast their 100% lifetime warranty. 

Thank you. 
Butch

Posted (edited) · Report post

With a pre-chill, add a cooler shock or two (depending on the size of your cooler) and you’ll get an extra 24-48 hours out of your block or broken ice.

Also, Lifetime coolers are legit. USA made (Utah), around or under $100 for the 55 quart and 28 quart, blow molded, and excellent ice retention. The 28 quart worked out perfectly on a recent 4 day cabin/trout trip. 

Edited by Romer Treece