Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goldy

What's your live lining setup?

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

I have always preferred a conventional setup. My go to is a 9 ft lami glass rod with a abu 7000c3. Bank, jetty, bridges etc. If I was on a boat, I would have the same setup maybe 7.5-8 ft. I forget which blank mine is but it is stout. 

9 hours ago, Goldy said:

Curious what people prefer to use off the the boat for live lining.  Rod / Reel

Now your live-lining?

17 mins ago, Haycreekrambler said:

What's next trolling wire?

Bite your tongue.  Never.    Took the wife out Saturday. She never comes on friends boat. She did well live lining. With help obvious

Never had a dedicated rig prior to now.  This year it will be a Tsunami Slow pitch 6'8" with a Fathom 12 for live lining from the kayak.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

Don't do too much live lining.  But when I do, I use a 7HF Mojo Inshore casting rod with a Penn Squall 12.  Fishfinder rigged with 8/0 - 10/0 inline circle, and anywhere from 0 - 2oz weight.

Normally will live line if I run into a bunker school.  Once I'm done, or the bunker is done, it goes into a ziplock bag and into the freezer for future chunking.  I hate buying bait.

...or just chunk it then and there, but by that point I'm sick of drowning bait and switch back to lures (unless I find the bait bite is on).

Edited by Skunkoff

Spinning- Penn Spinfisher 4500 on a heavy Daiwa Backbay rod. I’ll often set this one with a bait under a float and put it in a rod holder.

Conventional- Abu Garcia Revo inshore on a MH Tsunami slow pitch rod. I’ll use this to pitch live Mackerel into the rocks/break water.