WILD FISH “TENSION ON THE LINE” NAT GEO

Rate this topic

ExcessiveAngler

So, what does everybody think about this new series?

These guys are trudging through the jungle why it’s getting flooded during torrential rains, risking their lives in search of elusive giants!

All kinds of venomous snakes, spiders, you name it! 
Almost as crazy as me being on a jetty on the full moon on a high tide with the waves crashing over trying to time them so they don’t sweep me away when I was a little younger looking for that monster cow!

It’s like a sickness sometimes putting yourself in danger thinking you might land “THE ONE” !

If you had the resources would you choose to partake in this endeavor of going all over the world in such dangerous places in search of these exquisite species!

EA

23 hours ago, ExcessiveAngler said:

So, what does everybody think about this new series?

These guys are trudging through the jungle why it’s getting flooded during torrential rains, risking their lives in search of elusive giants!

All kinds of venomous snakes, spiders, you name it! 
Almost as crazy as me being on a jetty on the full moon on a high tide with the waves crashing over trying to time them so they don’t sweep me away when I was a little younger looking for that monster cow!

It’s like a sickness sometimes putting yourself in danger thinking you might land “THE ONE” !

If you had the resources would you choose to partake in this endeavor of going all over the world in such dangerous places in search of these exquisite species!

EA

I would not,there is a line I will not cross.

H ⚔️ H

An armed man is a citizen,,,an unarmed man is a subject,,,,,,,,

1 min ago, Heavy Hooksetter said:

I would not,there is a line I will not cross.

H ⚔️ H

I get what you’re saying!

I am envious sometimes though, and at the same time wouldn’t take much for a big croc or anything else for that matter when your chest deep in the water to make a meal out of you!

I also kind of noticed that there’s not too many threads like this in the main forum lol!

Maybe the town tavern would’ve been a better place!

EA

37 mins ago, ExcessiveAngler said:

I get what you’re saying!

I am envious sometimes though, and at the same time wouldn’t take much for a big croc or anything else for that matter when your chest deep in the water to make a meal out of you!

I also kind of noticed that there’s not too many threads like this in the main forum lol!

Maybe the town tavern would’ve been a better place!

EA

In the town tavern?,,,no thanks,there are some in there that should be on a chain in a basement

H⚔️H

1 hour ago, Heavy Hooksetter said:

In the town tavern?,,,no thanks,there are some in there that should be on a chain in a basement

H⚔️H

Well, where would you suggest?

I haven’t really gotten involved in the “OTHER” LOL forums…!!!

I don’t have time to get involved in that nonsense, two many other things going on and way too many fish to be caught!

I was sitting here taking care of my reels and that new series popped up so I figured what the heck!

EA

11 hours ago, ExcessiveAngler said:

Well, where would you suggest?

I haven’t really gotten involved in the “OTHER” LOL forums…!!!

I don’t have time to get involved in that nonsense, two many other things going on and way too many fish to be caught!

I was sitting here taking care of my reels and that new series popped up so I figured what the heck!

EA

This thread is all right right where it is to me anyway.

H⚔️H

1 hour ago, Dan Tinman said:

Reality TV shows are seldom if ever real.

I don’t argue that!

But you can’t tell me that he’s not standing in over chest deep water in the middle of the Amazon fighting that Arapaima!

I really liked the one take when he landed the red tail catfish! 
And then he takes the Shimano Stella and just drops it the river PLOP and the current was pretty swift too!

I mean for the most part most people pretty much understand that it’s not 100% real or maybe they don’t lol!

But,  I will say that just trudging through the jungle alone is dangerous enuf in itself, let alone trying to film stuff with a film crew and deal with all the other crazy crap happening in the jungle! Then jumping in the water and reeling in giant fish, loaded with all kinds of piranha, crocs and who knows what else!

I’m starting to think maybe I don’t want to do it so bad LMAO!

EA

1 hour ago, ExcessiveAngler said:

I don’t argue that!

But you can’t tell me that he’s not standing in over chest deep water in the middle of the Amazon fighting that Arapaima!

I really liked the one take when he landed the red tail catfish! 
And then he takes the Shimano Stella and just drops it the river PLOP and the current was pretty swift too!

I mean for the most part most people pretty much understand that it’s not 100% real or maybe they don’t lol!

But,  I will say that just trudging through the jungle alone is dangerous enuf in itself, let alone trying to film stuff with a film crew and deal with all the other crazy crap happening in the jungle! Then jumping in the water and reeling in giant fish, loaded with all kinds of piranha, crocs and who knows what else!

I’m starting to think maybe I don’t want to do it so bad LMAO!

EA

That situation is not likely to be as dangerous as they make it out to be.  If it was they'd never get insurance coverage for the project.  

-

On 5/22/2022 at 11:19 PM, ExcessiveAngler said:

EA

. . . yeah . . . maybe 30-40 years ago . . .

I would say unless you have personally been in similar  areas you really are only speculating based on what is presented to you.  Video production can do wonders of both increase or decreasing any aspect the crew and production wishes.

Basically there is no way to know the real truth of it.

I worked in the Amazon for two weeks.  It was a crazy experience.  Had to watch every step you took between posinous snakes, fire ants and the other animals that could take you out.  Where I was, the venom of the bushmaster snake would kill you before they could get you to the hospital.

Got to fish below a dam where they filmed river monsters.  Caught a huge piranha that punctured a 6-inch spook.  Fishing there solo was a bit unnerving and my head was on a swivel..  The biting bugs were intense at dusk.  Thankfully I avoid all the bug diseases and bot flies....

3 hours ago, MikeK said:

I worked in the Amazon for two weeks.  It was a crazy experience.  Had to watch every step you took between posinous snakes, fire ants and the other animals that could take you out.  Where I was, the venom of the bushmaster snake would kill you before they could get you to the hospital.

Got to fish below a dam where they filmed river monsters.  Caught a huge piranha that punctured a 6-inch spook.  Fishing there solo was a bit unnerving and my head was on a swivel..  The biting bugs were intense at dusk.  Thankfully I avoid all the bug diseases and bot flies....

Which river monsters episode, if you know? I personally wouldn’t ever want to travel down to South America, or out of the North America for fishing in general. That’s why I watch river monsters. Jeremy Wade travels for me lol. Don’t like the idea of having to weave around snakes and getting some tropical disease from a bug all because I’m trying to catch some big fish. I like it just fine here on the east coast. Plenty of big fish here. Maybe I’d go to Canada. I think the jungle is too much for me lol... I bet it’s beautiful down there though. 

They were biting before you got here and they’ll bite again after you leave