dmac95

This whole state is a joke

Rate this topic

77 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Bass2Snook said:

We are SO glad we moved to FL.

Good. Then don’t vote the same you you did in the northeast. 

20 mins ago, dmac95 said:

The one in mattituck is nice - been going there for longest time. Would you know if the one in southold facing shelter island is also nice? Usually those ramps out east are well taken care of. 

I haven’t used it. It looks nice. Might be a little steep. Great location though. Unfortunately the fluke never got the memo this year to show up in the Peconics early. 

3 hours ago, D_L said:

Good. Then don’t vote the same you you did in the northeast. 

I’m pretty sure everyone here votes republican. Don’t know if a dem who’s ok with 3 miles per gallon boating.

3 hours ago, NonTypical said:

I haven’t used it. It looks nice. Might be a little steep. Great location though. Unfortunately the fluke never got the memo this year to show up in the Peconics early. 

It’s not even early. Almost June. I went to fire island, few bites but no fish.

Just now, dmac95 said:

I’m pretty sure everyone here votes republican. Don’t know if a dem who’s ok with 3 miles per gallon boating.

Well there are a few from up north who enjoy all things Florida has to offer but still vote for the same things they left.

reluctantly took the truck to the beach over the weekend... solid $40 of gas to drive to the inlet.

state 4x4, empire pass. county green key, county 4x4....   then my town night fishing......     really starts adding up to just park at the beach.

idiots.... idiots everywhere, not fishing and i am now one of them.  chasing a 2yo boy around the sand while my rods stay strapped on the roof.

27 mins ago, GarbageFish said:

reluctantly took the truck to the beach over the weekend... solid $40 of gas to drive to the inlet.

state 4x4, empire pass. county green key, county 4x4....   then my town night fishing......     really starts adding up to just park at the beach.

idiots.... idiots everywhere, not fishing and i am now one of them.  chasing a 2yo boy around the sand while my rods stay strapped on the roof.

gas prices are ridiculous now, i'd rather pay a private use fee close by instead of sending money to Joe. $5 gas...

On 5/20/2022 at 3:13 PM, CapeDave said:

Not all of Florida's counties charge at boat ramps. Some counties you can use all of the facilities for FREE!

That being said at least in MA boat registration part of it goes for reduced rates at the ramps.

Take a break and take a few breaths, THEN MOVE!

It is starting to suck were ever you go. Don't get me started on bicyclists and car drivers!

Summer traffic is dam near year-round now on Cape Cod.

Have the seals hit Long Island sound ? If not they soon will!

Then you won't have to worry about launching because there will be no fish to catch!

I give it a couple of years before they show up here. Another another couple before they come locally.  By then should be outa here. The people here are great but all roads point to Rome, and Rome seems somewhere else.

On 5/20/2022 at 2:50 PM, dmac95 said:

I called 3 random boat ramps in Florida and they all were freaked out when I asked them If I could launch my boat. "This is a normal boat you're launching, right?" "Yeah", "Yeah sure it's 13 dollars during the week and 17 on weekday". "Do you care if it has NY tags?" "No, as long as you pay you're good to go".

Holy mother of god. These are boat ramps with 5 min ocean access, avialaible to ANYONE in county , state, or even whole country. Hell, I bet you if we swam to Cuba and back, they would let us launch. What about on LI? NOPE. I called about 20 boat ramps today and they all say they same "only open to residents". As if a resident of the fken island is not a resident of that armpit corner of the island. This state is really something.

I remember when I was little, I live in the city and wanted to go fishing. It was impossible in LI. I always said, fk that place, and now I live here, yet I havent changed my mind. This place literally blows. There are two places that I know of outside of my town that accept permits - 2 hours away for 250/mo or 150/whole year - and netiher are fish producing. So im going to drive a hundred fken miles burn gas (and these ****heads voted for Biden too - thanks for that 5 dollar gas and 6 dollar oil heating) and not even catch ****?

I'm not new to this sport, but this is just rediculous. I get it, nobody wants the flushing bus fishing in their place, but let them pay a permit. We pay 10k + in taxes so they can send us an email about some JANK boat ramps that if we park the car, the trailers get stolen.

Literally the only ramps that are good are Mattituck and some in Southold (fished their my whole life and even those fkers decided to not sell permits anymore - whatever. always was a shithole in corner of an island). Wait till someone drowns at Mattituck because of no Coast Guard - their going to make it private. Then there's the one in Captree, great ramp unfortunately all of the lunatics come here and come right for us at WOT. What a lovely ****ing place, this LI is. 

An island surrounded by water with no public access to water. Who the fk they think wants to come to their beaches? people from New Jersey or Buffalo? "YoU aRe a NoNe ReSiDeNt" - fk you I live here on this island, same as you. Literally no other state is this stupid, not even New Jersey. Sorry for the rant, but its just getting worse and worse, thought it was bad 10 years ago but holy **** now its a new ball game. 

The best days of LI are way gone

Wow reading this I am glad my favorite fishing spot is a 5min walk. 99% of the time I am the only one there. And three free ramps with cctv and no queues (well paid by land tax so not really free if a property owner) within a 5min drive if I can ever be bothered launching my boat.

2 hours ago, RL Bucktails said:

The best days of LI are way gone

nice avatar.

i might know the guy who paints those fish ;)

Cape Cod aint much better then LI for boat ramps.  we might have some more options to launch, but unless you launch at 530 am just go home. limited parking lots will be full by 6 am.

i trailered my new skiff down to florida in april.  I was blow away by the launch options in the area.  spoiled me. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 5/20/2022 at 7:29 PM, Vintagefishing said:

There are beaches in FL that charge by the hour for parking. On North fork, DEC ramp in Mattituck, Southold, and East Marion. County ramp in Southold too. 

Yea, the idea that Florida is some cheap, “free” state is insane. Since the covid exodus, cost of living in coastal Florida is rivaling that of downstate NY, even with no state income tax. Completely understand getting out of NY, but essentially every coastal state between here and Florida I’d choose over Florida without hesitation. Florida does have the right idea when it comes to fishing access though, but of course that could easily change with the population influx.

I’ve had zero issues launching my boat (for free) in Nassau, but yea I could imagine it being a hassle on the north fork. Nevermind launching a boat there, simply going to a beach on the north fork is a hassle or has a ridiculous fee involved. 

Edited by C.Robin