dmac95

This whole state is a joke

Rate this topic

77 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I called 3 random boat ramps in Florida and they all were freaked out when I asked them If I could launch my boat. "This is a normal boat you're launching, right?" "Yeah", "Yeah sure it's 13 dollars during the week and 17 on weekday". "Do you care if it has NY tags?" "No, as long as you pay you're good to go".

Holy mother of god. These are boat ramps with 5 min ocean access, avialaible to ANYONE in county , state, or even whole country. Hell, I bet you if we swam to Cuba and back, they would let us launch. What about on LI? NOPE. I called about 20 boat ramps today and they all say they same "only open to residents". As if a resident of the fken island is not a resident of that armpit corner of the island. This state is really something.

I remember when I was little, I live in the city and wanted to go fishing. It was impossible in LI. I always said, fk that place, and now I live here, yet I havent changed my mind. This place literally blows. There are two places that I know of outside of my town that accept permits - 2 hours away for 250/mo or 150/whole year - and netiher are fish producing. So im going to drive a hundred fken miles burn gas (and these ****heads voted for Biden too - thanks for that 5 dollar gas and 6 dollar oil heating) and not even catch ****?

I'm not new to this sport, but this is just rediculous. I get it, nobody wants the flushing bus fishing in their place, but let them pay a permit. We pay 10k + in taxes so they can send us an email about some JANK boat ramps that if we park the car, the trailers get stolen.

Literally the only ramps that are good are Mattituck and some in Southold (fished their my whole life and even those fkers decided to not sell permits anymore - whatever. always was a shithole in corner of an island). Wait till someone drowns at Mattituck because of no Coast Guard - their going to make it private. Then there's the one in Captree, great ramp unfortunately all of the lunatics come here and come right for us at WOT. What a lovely ****ing place, this LI is. 

An island surrounded by water with no public access to water. Who the fk they think wants to come to their beaches? people from New Jersey or Buffalo? "YoU aRe a NoNe ReSiDeNt" - fk you I live here on this island, same as you. Literally no other state is this stupid, not even New Jersey. Sorry for the rant, but its just getting worse and worse, thought it was bad 10 years ago but holy **** now its a new ball game. 

Edited by dmac95

Not all of Florida's counties charge at boat ramps. Some counties you can use all of the facilities for FREE!

That being said at least in MA boat registration part of it goes for reduced rates at the ramps.

Take a break and take a few breaths, THEN MOVE!

It is starting to suck were ever you go. Don't get me started on bicyclists and car drivers!

Summer traffic is dam near year-round now on Cape Cod.

Have the seals hit Long Island sound ? If not they soon will!

Then you won't have to worry about launching because there will be no fish to catch!

39 mins ago, NonTypical said:

Southold now has a state boat ramp that is open to everyone. 

There are two DEC ramps.

9 mins ago, YakDawg said:

There are two DEC ramps.

Are you saying there’s 2 in Southold? There are 2 on the North Fork. Mattituck and the new one in Southold 

This state is a joke and every moment of my life here I burn with untethered rage.

I wish nothing more than nuclear holocaust to free me from my mortal bonds to this cesspool in which I am forced to reside.

There are beaches in FL that charge by the hour for parking. On North fork, DEC ramp in Mattituck, Southold, and East Marion. County ramp in Southold too. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

14 hours ago, NonTypical said:

Are you saying there’s 2 in Southold? There are 2 on the North Fork. Mattituck and the new one in Southold 

You are correct two nice ramps in the Township of Southold (Mattituck and the new one in Southold).  The East Marion ramp in my opinion is best suited for tin boats.

Edited by YakDawg

11 hours ago, rreelman said:

Long Island is a mess-lousy access-terrible roads-high taxes-especially school taxes-and lots more--rreelman

We moved off LI in December and have not looked back.  Our taxes are a tenth of what they were in Farmingdale for a new house with a couple of acres (I had to read the tax invoice twice). 

In NY I paid hundreds for annual fishing access. In FL I pay zero. Where I live I can pull into any road-ending beach and fish anytime I want, 24/7/365. Heck, in some places you can literally just pull over on the side of the road and fish. Imagine doing that on Ocean Pkway? You’d be ticketed and towed in a NY minute.

Granted, there’s no 4x4 access by me but I don’t need it anyway.

We are SO glad we moved to FL.

8 hours ago, Bass2Snook said:

In NY I paid hundreds for annual fishing access. In FL I pay zero. Where I live I can pull into any road-ending beach and fish anytime I want, 24/7/365. Heck, in some places you can literally just pull over on the side of the road and fish. Imagine doing that on Ocean Pkway? You’d be ticketed and towed in a NY minute.

Granted, there’s no 4x4 access by me but I don’t need it anyway.

We are SO glad we moved to FL.

Dude if I stopped on the ocean parkway, my car is getting towed and sold for parts. It’s worse here than it is in Russia.

I saw that too in Florida. Holy moly, people just fishing off a highway.  Talk about the keys too. parking everywhere. 

ArE yOu A rEsiDeNt? Bitch where do you think I’m from. We’re on a fken island. You think I’m towing my boat across the George Washington and whitestone all the way here?

then they recommend you to that one boat ramp that if you go there you’re almost guaranteed to call sea tow or out right die - nisseuqogue for ex.  

no offense, but fk this state

On 5/20/2022 at 4:22 PM, NonTypical said:

The one in mattituck is nice - been going there for longest time. Would you know if the one in southold facing shelter island is also nice? Usually those ramps out east are well taken care of.