Gaff & Release

2 rods for sale; ODM genesis and st croix avid inshore

17 posts in this topic

1st: st croix VIS70mhf. A few years old. Used 3 times that I can remember.  just sits on the rack. $190.

2nd: ODM Genesis nxg-93. 50/50 split. Bought used a while back, used a handful of times by myself….just sits since I got my evolution. Pieces go together/come apart smoothly. Has some paint missing from first guide as seen in picture. Has some superficial crackling in the epoxy around some of the guides. Doesn’t affect the rod but it is there so I felt as though I should mention it. Not a shelf Queen but otherwise in good shape. This is not the newest version of the genesis. $190

Prices are firm and I don’t want to ship. I live in ocean county around Tom’s river, meet up in the area.

CEE55CAF-2CD5-4FB2-A198-A7D744808485.jpeg

94369DB2-2378-439C-BD0B-120DC2493F66.jpeg

4A7E33F5-FE8B-4100-A726-6CE878449B7A.jpeg

E1F25717-700E-4E5F-81D5-EAA5122BB02F.jpeg

17165A8B-772E-4F6B-9AFE-56BB0D4A0A7C.jpeg

4477A2B1-8542-4801-99DE-206BBF2B5550.jpeg

48850729-5365-42EB-A3D8-9028D84B0D61.jpeg

Hadn’t really thought about trades…don’t exactly “need” anything at the moment, but what do you have? 

I wouldn’t mind a straight trade or partial trade.

I have a mint 8'0" ML St. Croix Tidemaster 1/8-1/2. If interested in that rod at all could talk about what additional item/cash I'd have to add in your favor. (Have plugs or plug blanks I could add on.)

Also have a mint 9'0" M St. Croix Avid Salmon/Steelhead in a casting model 1/4-3/4. Nice parabolic flex but fast recovery and not a noodle. Same color, ,build quality, and blank sensitivity as the gray freshwater Avids. Could probably do 1:1 trade for that one if interested as it retails for around the same price as the avid inshores. It is a 2 piece rod. 

Lemme know if any of this interests you, thanks!

32 mins ago, BG_NJ said:

I have a mint 8'0" ML St. Croix Tidemaster 1/8-1/2. If interested in that rod at all could talk about what additional item/cash I'd have to add in your favor. (Have plugs or plug blanks I could add on.)

Also have a mint 9'0" M St. Croix Avid Salmon/Steelhead in a casting model 1/4-3/4. Nice parabolic flex but fast recovery and not a noodle. Same color, ,build quality, and blank sensitivity as the gray freshwater Avids. Could probably do 1:1 trade for that one if interested as it retails for around the same price as the avid inshores. It is a 2 piece rod. 

Lemme know if any of this interests you, thanks!

Appreciate the response but I don’t think I’d be able to put either of those to use.

16 mins ago, Gaff & Release said:

Appreciate the response but I don’t think I’d be able to put either of those to use.

No worries! GLWS

25 mins ago, ExcessiveAngler said:

Do you use conventional gear at all?

Thanks EA

I believe I’m all set as far as conventional stuff goes at the moment, but thank you.

32 mins ago, Gaff & Release said:

I believe I’m all set as far as conventional stuff goes at the moment, but thank you.

10-4!

If you happen to change your mind I have some things listed in the Gen BST and I have a 9 foot Boston Whaler Squall in the kayak and boat section!

Thanks!

EA

you did a nice job on your cave with limited space. my cave is limited space as well. i might copy your rod storage idea. looks good

10 hours ago, mark d said:

you did a nice job on your cave with limited space. my cave is limited space as well. i might copy your rod storage idea. looks good

Thanks man, limited space is correct. Anywhere where a rod rack could go, it went…still not enough though.

7 hours ago, Mlima5 said:

Ive got a 10' mojo that just sits id trade for the avid if youd be interested

Thanks for the offer but I will have to pass on that.