Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Terry Mac

Weekend Heat Wave

Rate this topic

129 posts in this topic

7 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

I dont think that's happening today. 

I underestimated how heavy ten foot pressure treated 6x6's are.

Whatcha building?

18 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

I dont think that's happening today. 

I underestimated how heavy ten foot pressure treated 6x6's are.

I had to move 30 10 to 16 footers from the driveway to the backyard when building the pool deck, F that never again

Been out getting things together for opening the pool. Did oil change on younger son's Accord this morning. In garage fixing my neighbor's engine on his pressure washer. Need it to clean the pool cover. Don't tell him that's why I told him I would look at it.  It's brutal out there. On my second bandana and third shirt. Keep hydrated. Once you get thirsty in this kind of heat, you are behind. 

2 mins ago, HOCKEYDAD said:

Been out getting things together for opening the pool. Did oil change on younger son's Accord this morning. In garage fixing my neighbor's engine on his pressure washer. Need it to clean the pool cover. Don't tell him that's why I told him I would look at it.  It's brutal out there. On my second bandana and third shirt. Keep hydrated. Once you get thirsty in this kind of heat, you are behind. 

Make him wash it for you as reciprocity for the repair. While you drink beer and watch.

19 mins ago, Jdeadman66 said:

Good project. Post pics when done

Before and after it is.  

Before 

Those upside down pots are covering a couple of my cement footings.  

16531549932037533768411258333504.jpg

1 min ago, ChumSlickJon said:

Before and after it is.  

Before 

Those upside down pots are covering a couple of my cement footings.  

16531549932037533768411258333504.jpg

Nice, I'm just opening an above ground.

29 mins ago, looney tunes said:

If it gets much hotter I'm going to start melting lead.

I bet Juan’s wife picked the day for this project. Careful Juan, it’s a trap, check your life insurance policy to see if it has recently been increased. There’re sneaky with that kind of stuff.

36 mins ago, JMB said:

I bet Juan’s wife picked the day for this project. Careful Juan, it’s a trap, check your life insurance policy to see if it has recently been increased. There’re sneaky with that kind of stuff.

Not her, I've got a builder friend who is helping with that project and probably starting it on tuesday.  I ordered all the lumber in one shot for 2 separate jobs and just trying to get it into place for the start day.  

Todays job that I'm solo on is replacing the 5 steps from the house to the patio.  I just started getting ready to measure out my stringers and guess what?  The ****ers delivered 2x10's instead of 2x12's..... and the bastards are closed until monday!!!!!  I'm really pissed.  Top that off with the other ****** lumber, one of my 6x6's has a huge gouge in the center of the post and my rafters are all sorts of cracked, dinged, loose knots falling out all over the place.  Granted I'm covering it up with versatex but I'm still pissed.  

Looks like modelo time is upon me.  :beers:  @crazybellringer  bring me some charcuterie please.  

Hooked up and running. Just cant get the oil line fully bled. Tried winterizing 5 times and the no oil light is still coming on. Im dripping and my wife thinks im crazy. 

20220521_150025.jpg

The heat never bothers me. I always complain about the cold weather in January and wish it was the summer.

3 mins ago, EricJ said:

The heat never bothers me. I always complain about the cold weather in January and wish it was the summer.

You must not work outside

37 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

Not her, I've got a builder friend who is helping with that project and probably starting it on tuesday.  I ordered all the lumber in one shot for 2 separate jobs and just trying to get it into place for the start day.  

Todays job that I'm solo on is replacing the 5 steps from the house to the patio.  I just started getting ready to measure out my stringers and guess what?  The ****ers delivered 2x10's instead of 2x12's..... and the bastards are closed until monday!!!!!  I'm really pissed.  Top that off with the other ****** lumber, one of my 6x6's has a huge gouge in the center of the post and my rafters are all sorts of cracked, dinged, loose knots falling out all over the place.  Granted I'm covering it up with versatex but I'm still pissed.  

Looks like modelo time is upon me.  :beers:  @crazybellringer  bring me some charcuterie please.  

That's what happens when you let dolts pick your lumber  out !