member_90137

What size reel for 11 foot tsunami salt x reel

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Hi just wondering what size reel would be ok on an 11 foot tsunami for pencil popping? I want to put the new slammer dx 5500 on it, but worried it would be small? 

12 hours ago, fishtheeast said:

Not too small. That’s a 20 oz reel that holds like 300 yards of 40lb braid. 

Exactly, 20 oz is perfect! A 5000 or 6000 size reel is what you want on an 11 foot rod, especially if you are just plugging. Bait fishing, I may be inclined to go bigger because you never know what can grab your bait…

I just this week got a Tsunami Trophy II 11' 4-10 Oz and while this is definitely a beefier stick then the Salt X 11' is the same length at least. I went with a Spheros 6000 and I wish I would have gotten an 8000. Like stated above though, this is a bait rod.  If you're planning on only  working plugs keep it light. 

On 5/19/2022 at 11:20 PM, member_90137 said:

Hi just wondering what size reel would be ok on an 11 foot tsunami for pencil popping? I want to put the new slammer dx 5500 on it, but worried it would be small? 

I'm sure this set up would be great ... but I went with the Tsunami SaltX 6K reel on my 11 foot TAE rod. It' a little lighter than the Slammer you've mentioned.