mark d

what size Gomexus Power Knob for penn 704z handle ?

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

title says it. if any of you guys have any advice on this upgrade please pass a long

as always thanks guys

Posted (edited) · Report post

nothing.......crickets ? come on guys you never let me down before size choices are ....

35mm 38mm 41mm  45mm   47mm  

Edited by mark d

3 hours ago, mark d said:

nothing.......crickets ? come on guys you never let me down before size choices are ....

35mm 38mm 41mm  45mm   47mm  

Mark, you cant go wrong with any of them, just depends on what size you want. I would shoot for the middle of the pack. 

7 hours ago, hobobob said:

Go measure your favorite power knob. You have to drill it out to change it completely.

i thought there was only one size that fits. i understand now that is not the case

9 hours ago, mark d said:

got it, thanks......do you have an opinion on these knobs ?

They are an aftermarket obviously, I would put a VanStaal knob on..You will have to drill the old handle out, then just size up the arbor from the knob going in, to a drill bit. You dont want the hole too big, snug actually. If you would like a couple pics sent, let me know, I could show you exactly what you need to do. I think you would be happier with a better built VS knob, to be honest. 

damn, i should have waited for your reply. already pulled the trigger on the gomexus. i will look into the van staal knob. I'm guessing very expensive. ....i just bought the 712 gear and pinion for my 710z to make it a bit faster and i bought a greenie rotor to cut the slots. i dont like the slots cut on the z series. on them i prefer to just remove the indent. i also bought a 704 handle which i like much better on a 710. i also bought a 704z spool for my 706z to create more clearance. lots of projects for when i get home, another month

thanks for everyone's replies

Depending on what you call expensive, most knobs, new in the 45 to 65 dollar range, except the gold ones. They dont make them any more, that color, even though I thought I saw a thread where VS was coming back with that color. The Knobs are just solid. The others, which I have a few of, screw together, cheaper material. Good call on the 704 handle on the 710. Longer, little better leverage. I like the Zee bass knobs as well, they look good and are solid as well. I will post a few pictures for you in a little. Always feel free to pm me as well if you need too. 

On 5/21/2022 at 11:20 PM, 7 Rivers said:

I will post some pictures tomorrow Mark..

Give me a few days Mark, I will get some pictures of the VS knobs and sizes of them. Probably the 250 would be your best bet.

On 5/23/2022 at 9:16 AM, 7 Rivers said:

Give me a few days Mark, I will get some pictures of the VS knobs and sizes of them. Probably the 250 would be your best bet.

Haven't forgot about you Mark, just keep having some health issues, ugh. Been a tough week. I have the knobs dug out, just need to take some pics. I am pretty sure I will have them up Saturday, thanks for your patience.