Pearl Bomber

Mack Arrival?

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Now! I’ve always caught mackerel in May for bait when I use to chunk almost exclusively. By Memorial Day my freezer was stocked and ready. All by shore. 

1 hour ago, Sea Of Atlas said:

Now! I’ve always caught mackerel in May for bait when I use to chunk almost exclusively. By Memorial Day my freezer was stocked and ready. All by shore. 

^^^ AND many swear that Moon Jellyfish are a good indicator of macks.  Well, they're around, something I haven't seen a few years...

On 5/20/2022 at 6:32 AM, Sea Of Atlas said:

I hit a cove in a certain town and usually the week before Memorial Day they show up…I have heard in nh they are very much in.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I've been catching them. They are around midcoast,  but spotty. And all perfect live bait size spikes about 6"... which is disappointing because Macs are hands down the best fish to eat around here on the grill, sauteed, smoked, made into burgers.

Edited by kennebecjones

10 hours ago, kennebecjones said:

I've been catching them. They are around midcoast,  but spotty. And all perfect live bait size spikes about 6"... which is disappointing because Macs are hands down the best fish to eat around here on the grill, sauteed, smoked, made into burgers.

Mack burgers?? Sounds killer. We did some ceviche last year with them that was amazing 

5 hours ago, Oso said:

Mack burgers?? Sounds killer. We did some ceviche last year with them that was amazing 

Follow this recipe subbing in Mac meat for Bluefish. You can vary the ratio of bread crumbs to meat to preference. A little labor intensive but seriously good eats.

9 hours ago, kennebecjones said:

Follow this recipe subbing in Mac meat for Bluefish. You can vary the ratio of bread crumbs to meat to preference. A little labor intensive but seriously good eats.

Cheers!