paulwalnuts

night permit if walking in?

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

You can bike there or get dropped off. The pass is to park in the lots. Need to be a Oyster Bay resident for a Tobay nite pass. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

there is a corresponding night fishing wallet card that is issued when you apply for the Tobay permit.    I carry mine with my marine registry.   at times the public safety guys stalk the underpasses and ask for them.  If you are getting dropped off it can be a long walk home.    Us residents can only sponsor one non-resident, which I have already done.   https://oysterbaytown.com/wp-content/uploads/2022-NON-RES-NIGHT-FISHING-APP.pdf

Edited by pequa11

10 hours ago, paulwalnuts said:

Do you still need a night fishing permit if you are walking into where you want to fish? This would be in Tobay. 

Not at all

It’s not being on the beach at night that the issue . It’s parking in lot. No permit equals expensive ticket , and if they wanna be dicks , a tow . Idk where you parking anywhere around there to be walking in 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Nobody reads anymore I guess.   If Public Safety gets a bug up their ____, they have this to fall back on:  8) For the purpose of identification, permit(s) and corresponding wallet identification card MUST be carried on your person and be available if requested by a police officer or Town employee.      So, while you may be "walking in" the powers that be can ask for the wallet card which you get with the parking permit, and politely ask you to leave the beach.

Edited by pequa11