Jkang508

Which Korkers For surf and jetty?

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

So I I owned the devils canyon with the BOA laces and they **** the bed after a season. The boa screws rotted out so I wasn’t able to replace them. I had the raptors before those and all the lace grommets rusted and rotted out after a month of heavy use. Which pair have you guys had good luck with? Green backs? Looking at the terror ridge as well. Thanks in advance for any input

That’s interesting, my BOA laces lasted 5 seasons wetsuiting.  Did you rinse them with fresh water after each use?  I now wear terror ridge, have not tried them out in the surf yet,  but they are a quality boot and have manual tie laces.

I use spiked felt sole boots with neoprene socks, or Korkers sandals over old sneakers or rubber boots.  You  may want to consider grip studs. 

Terror Ridge are pretty burley. Great ankle support. A few of the eyelets came out and Korkers would have replaced them but I replaced them myself with stainless ones. No other issues. 

I have the River Ops, had the Dark Horse. Not enough of a difference to justify the cost if purchased at retail. I use the felt soles on the rocks, but they aren't the best. I'd get studded felt or better.

The felt is fantastic for trout stream wading...

4 hours ago, beerdoh said:

Terror Ridge are pretty burley. Great ankle support. A few of the eyelets came out and Korkers would have replaced them but I replaced them myself with stainless ones. No other issues. 

Second this. Terror ridge are excellent and have held up very well.

I’ve had the Terror Ridge for the past 3 seasons with no complaints. I chose them for the manual laces over the boa because there are less things the break.

I wear them in the ocean, sandy rivers, rocky rivers, wood laden rivers, and anything else you can imagine in the north east when fly fishing. I dig the changeable soles, I go between studded feet and straight rubber depending on where I’m going.

They are a little bulkier than I’d like but the ankle support is fantastic and has definitely saved my bones a few times.

Another vote for the river ops with the normal laces. I just picked them up for this season. Got them a size smaller for non wader use. They are like a basketball shoe. Great support. Once they break in they should be even better. 

I had the devils canyon for the past 6 seasons. Used heavily in the salt. Always freshwater rinsed thoroughly after and they still work fine. I wish they made a devils canyon with laces, I love that material. 

All Korkers boots will fail eventually. 
I’ ve used Devils Canyon for the last 4 years, 2 pair in that time frame. No issue with the BOA but the boots dry rotted and fell apart.