Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bassmaster

Moon Rise

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

I have had good luck with the moon rise in the evening say an hour or 2 before the rise of the Moon...

The fish turn on and eat it is real good on the quarters and If You pick Your Tides right You can score hard.... Half tide 2 to 2.5 hrs Before the Moon rise.

On a note with the Full Goon ,

Your go to plugs should Be....

Yellowbiggrin.gif and poppers do work with that sluggish pause retrieve. sshhhhhhhhhhhbiggrin.gif

A bets Bet is to hit up the Estuarys sand eels poppin and Bass slurping. Pink or yellow needles, Black to work.

also a Bomber I found to work is a Pink and chart 6A

and dont forget small rubber.

As for eeling I toss them out and drift them till they hit the surf.

Or a drive Me up a wall slow retrieve.

Also for You dead stickers who use floats Pink and chart or solid Yellow...

Hope this helps.

Dave Manzi > )))'>~~~~~~~~~~~~~

------------------

Flamboyant Plug freak

Got Plug?

face.gifskunk%5B1%5D.gif

Good info...thanks

Moonrise after sunset,is weakie timesmile.gif.Two-five days after the full moon weakfish hit good in the suds,after dark and thru moonrise

------------------

moon13_7kb.gif

Rick

Berkeley Striper Club

Bm, you titled your thread moon rise but your reflections only offer advice of how to before the moon rises? For good reason! Nothings worse than having that moon come up and kill the fishing. I'll take the new moon or after as I'm a vampire and all that light hurts my eyes and the fishies too. Prospector

Allso How to fish the Moon when it comes up.

Note: let the eel drift till it hits the sudsdevil.gif

Cloud cover Is awsome for banging Bass. and snotty weather is tops when that happens.

Raincwm24.gif

a best bet like I say is Hit up the Bays and etuarys. Lotsa slurping going on.

Me got a 3" Geek chub with no paint left on it.. I wonder Why..............

You have to remember, moon rise alone cannot be the sole feed factor - making some adjustments for phase, the position/elevation of the moon coincides with a specific stage of tide. Always.

One spot I fish often shuts down when the moon comes up. But then again when the moon is coming up the tide has already slowed down.

Then the chnage in tide can often coincide with a wind shift.

[This message has been edited by JohnP (edited 04-11-2002).]

The moon is your friend. People say the moon works for me because of the deep, murky water I fish. Last summer some predicted I'd get butt-kicked going to the clear waters of Block on a big moon. The moon set it up. It was like throwing spinnerbaits in a stump field. Put the lure up tight against a rock on the shady side and it happened. Miss it or after it got out in the open and I just hustled it in for another go. The fish eat, it comes down to where and how.

Ahhhhh grasshopper-good info, you left just enough out so the folks don't know the "why".

Ripping tides are no good before the moon shines-why?

Slow retrieve is best before the moon shines-why?

Some night watch bass feed from a bridge before and after the moon shines and you'll see why or even better just watch what happens when they are released.

Where you are fishing in the water column is also a factor, brighter it is the deeper you dive.

Colors at night? Hmmmmmmmmmm, I always stick with black, have to try yellow

[This message has been edited by M^2 (edited 04-11-2002).]

Ahhhhh grasshopper, you left just enough out so the folks don't know the "why".

Ripping tides are no good before the moon shines-why?

Slow retrieve is best before the moon shines-why?

Some night watch bass feed from a bridge before and after the moon shines and you'll see why or even better just watch what happens when they are released.

Where you are fishing in the water column is also a factor, brighter it is the deeper you dive.

Colors at night? hmmmmmmmmmm

M^2, you have some cahoonies calling bassmaster "Grasshopper" rolleyes.gif

When I first met Bassmaster he told me about a guy he literarly taught how to fish, he showed you everything: herring, eels, all kinds and ways,then when he was down and, you dropped him like a lead sinker. When he sold his boat and you bought one you never invited him out , (edited:I guess wasn't told the real reason why frown.gif I wonder if Dave knows) I guess you guys won't be fishing together again since you buried the hatchet and BM still holds a grudge frown.gif

What do you know about the moon phase?

Just do us all a favor and leave BM alone, he feels you used him and doesn't want anything to do with you.( Maybe he can't get over it, I don't care anymore)

He'd tell you himself but he's too polite.

devil.gif

I'd edit it more but then it would not look right.

[This message has been edited by slipknot (edited 04-11-2002).]