Wicked Dan

One open spot for a kayak trip to Panama !!

6 posts in this topic

I just found out that I had a cancellation for a kayak trip to Panama....The dates are , leaving from JFK on June 4th and returning, June 11th..  I have been one this trip 4 previous times and the fishing, and everything else is great !! The total price for the trip is around 2 grand for everything but flight and tips...They supply Hobie Outbacks and they also have a Pro Angler... It is for 5 full days of fishing....We arrive in Panama City (PTY) late morning on June 4th...stay one night in Panama City and get picked up the following morning for a 5 hour van ride and then get on a boat for a 90 minute ride to a kayak camp set up along the coast....   If interested, you can check out    Panama kayak adventure....to see pictures of the remote lodge and everything else.

There will be no surf launches...a boat picks us up on the beach with the kayaks already loaded and then a short boat ride to the fishing grounds....usually less than a 10 minute ride....You can expect to catch tuna, rooster fish, cubera snapper, mahi and about 20 other species.....Even if you are not a kayak fisherman,  you will be able to fish from the boat after we all get in the water.  Right now we have 3 guys and looking for a 4th.

Thanks

Danny V

Went on this trip in ‘19, and I’m going back again next month. The Pacific Ocean fishing and Panamanian landscape and jungle is ‘once in a lifetime world class’. The journey to the fish camp is almost as good as the destination. 

I'm tempted, but I want to do it with my son, who's high work season guiding is mid May through mid Sept. is it worth going outside of those months? I have no idea of the seasons for that fishery.

22 mins ago, gellfex said:

I'm tempted, but I want to do it with my son, who's high work season guiding is mid May through mid Sept. is it worth going outside of those months? I have no idea of the seasons for that fishery.

The end of June through November is usually the rainy season there.....not that the fishing is any worse but the lodge doesn't stay open for those months....Anytime from January through late June is the better months,  but they book the dates pretty quick,   so book early if interested .

Danny V

1 hour ago, Wicked Dan said:

The end of June through November is usually the rainy season there.....not that the fishing is any worse but the lodge doesn't stay open for those months....Anytime from January through late June is the better months,  but they book the dates pretty quick,   so book early if interested .

Danny V

Thanks, it sounds like I should target march/april, between the winter ice climbing and summer alpine guiding seasons. It's funny, once the kids were out of school I thought planning vacations would be easier! After his freshman year all 4 of us took an awesome August Adirondack canoe & kayak self support trip. We though we might make it a regular, but it looks like that'll never happen again.