jimmy1956

jimmy#s Silversea Cruise Thread.

Rate this topic

384 posts in this topic

(Disclaimer: This thread will be very pretentious and both pinkies will be up.) This is our first long term vacation since the winter of 2019 due to the pandemic.

Wife and I will be leaving today to go on a small ship luxury ocean cruise via Silversea cruise line. We fly out of Dulles to Reykjavik Iceland where we will spend a glorious three nights. We then will fly from Reykjavik where we will board the ship in Copenhagen. Silversea is an ultra-luxury small ship cruise line. We are on the Silver Whisper. There will only be approx. 280 passengers and 280 staff. We will have our own butler and room cleaning person (these two folks are shared between 5 and 12 suites respectively). We will have two formal or black-tie events during our ten nights on the ship. For the other nights jackets are required for men and semi formal for the women after six pm for any of the public venues on the ship. As for the cost so far for this cruise and we haven't yet left home (here comes the rude pretentious part) we have spent a little over $30,000. This cruise is all inclusive for the most part. Our first port of call will be Oslo Norway. 

So....for this thread starting when we land in Reykjavik, I will be posting on a daily basis many food pictures, land pictures and on and on. This will not be a Tails & Lies thread as per SIM because I could never replicate his style and wit.

Any way I look forward to sharing as there might be some out there who are interested in going on a cruise or visiting the cities, we will be in. And besides the pretentious sharing of the food pics will give me great eye rolling pleasure.

Enjoy, Jimmy.  Can't take it with you!

If you can't replicate Sims wit you may be a 3rd grader.

Posted (edited)

Awesome Jimmy!! Look forward to hearing about your tales. Have a great time. 

114C5BD2-F35E-45CE-86E0-C049D4044F98.jpeg

Edited by JMB

36 mins ago, Tom T said:

^^^ formal night

I have that same outfit!

7 mins ago, Mokes said:

I have that same outfit!

I hope you've been eating a bowl of cauliflower for lunch like Jimmy!  He's been in training.

4 mins ago, Tom T said:

I hope you've been eating a bowl of cauliflower for lunch like Jimmy!  He's been in training.

I look like a pillow. =(

Sounds like a great time. Looking forward to following along.. 

12 mins ago, Bernie12 said:

dont forget the food pics

Thanks B12. You have not been around much lately.

this should be a very Steve like travel blog.  Could you count steps between the buffet and head for us as well?