Barnegat inlet

Rate this topic

MakoMike

Coming or going? Either way find the monument on the north jetty and stay just outside of it (east of it). Remember the submerged part of the jetty on the north extends from what you can see coming out of IBSP to the monument. If you follow the the main buoys from further out there is plenty of shoaling that on the right day will become a break wave.

There is also a fairly shallow spot on the south side right about where the railing begins. Outgoing tide obviously the worst of conditions.

As  you’re going out be careful cause behind the lighthouse back by the **** and the other island there there’s some very bad shoaling. I don’t know if the Coast card put in the shallow water buoys yet. 

when you’re headed out(east) stay to the North side of the Inlet it’s the deeper side. And go all the way out to the last monument don’t cut across the white water on the north jetty. 

Eeeeels

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.

• 4 weeks later...

Mike

I was just thinking about you wondering if you made it down.  I have not been on lately.  My mother in law just passed away and we have been pretty involved trying to tie up all the loose ends.

Where are you docked in Holiday Harbor?  I usually stop over to catch up with a friend of mine who is wrapping up his build of a 30 foot Chris Craft sport fisherman.  He is back near the fence.  I also need to catch up with John Lane at some point.

If I am over there I will look you up to say hello.

Glad you made it through ok.  I hope you enjoy it down there.  

Tony

31Bert

13 hours ago, 31BBert said:

Mike

I was just thinking about you wondering if you made it down.  I have not been on lately.  My mother in law just passed away and we have been pretty involved trying to tie up all the loose ends.

Where are you docked in Holiday Harbor?  I usually stop over to catch up with a friend of mine who is wrapping up his build of a 30 foot Chris Craft sport fisherman.  He is back near the fence.  I also need to catch up with John Lane at some point.

If I am over there I will look you up to say hello.

Glad you made it through ok.  I hope you enjoy it down there.  

Tony

Tony, I’m in slip h-13 at Holiday Harbor. Will be down all week starting on the 20th. My condolences on your M-I-L.

====Mako Mike====
Makomania Sportfishing
Pt. Judith, RI