rniedzia

Pair reel suggestions for Shimano Trevala PX

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Looking for reel suggestions to pair with Shimano Trevala PX Medium for spinning and baitcasting rods?  Something light but strong.  I am planning on using both set ups for fluke / sea bass trips in northeast.  

I mostly have used 2.5-3k reels for fluke and sea bass but this year I’m moving up to 4K. 

Stradic FL 4K or 5K (I use a 4K with an aftermarket knob). 5K might be overkill but it would give you the better knob out of the box. 

Daiwa BG MQ is worth a look. Not sure what it’s specs are. The ballistic was a nice light reel but it suffers line roller issues like the old Stradics. 

If you want to spend a lot, there’s the 

certate 4K and twinpower 4k and of course the stella 4K. 

Cheaper options include the nasci, BG heavy). And there’s the Penn clash which I almost never see. 

22 hours ago, rniedzia said:

I will take a look at Stradic and Ballistic.   It’s in my price range.  Any suggestions on baitcaster?

200 or 300 size Tranx. I use both. The 200 is a strong, lightweight baitcaster that does great in the salt. Fun reel for shallow light tackle fluke/seabass/tog and schoolie stripers.

Posted (edited) · Report post

4 hours ago, Bri in RI said:

200 or 300 size Tranx. I use both. The 200 is a strong, lightweight baitcaster that does great in the salt. Fun reel for shallow light tackle fluke/seabass/tog and schoolie stripers.

I have both and would recommend the 200. Swap out the dual paddle handle for a power handle. I wouldn’t limit to shallow, the tranx 200 easily winches these fish from 100 foot plus depths. 

the lexa HD 300 is another option. Haven’t used the quantum’s but plenty of people have. 

Edited by hookmeup

I have recently gotten back into fishing and have updated my 30 year old gear.

I have come to like the Penn Conflict II and Penn Battle III`s

I use the Penn Conflict II 4000 the most.

Thanks guys for some ideas.  It’s simply looking for light set up so both me and my kid can use on charters or part boats for 2-3 hrs of jigging.  

thank you for the ideas.