Wayne Tj

Brandon owns Baby Formula Shortage

Rate this topic

125 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

9 mins ago, Jetty Jumper said:

There is no excuse, one might even wonder why an administration with a new non nursing mother in the cabinet immediate action was not taken.

pete-buttigieg-chasten-twins-babies-01-h

It's simply amazing how the vaunted news icons, like WAPO, NYT, CNN etc. Don't seem to have any intrepid reporters, that can get the story. The questions are really simple, and with all there anonymous sources should be a piece of cake.

Instead we get the woke dribble above. While babies starve in America.

Edited by NJFrank

2 mins ago, NJFrank said:

It's simply amazing how the vaunted news icons, like WAPO, NYT, CNN etc. Don't seem to have any intrepid reporters, that can get the story. The questions are really simple, and with all there anonymous sources should be a piece of cake.

Instead we get the woke dribble above. While babies starve in America.

Can they really be that incompetent? I suspect the answer is no, and that opens up,  a line of thought on what are the goals of the press and the administration? The press is easy to understand they will cover for the dems, but Biden putting babies at risk is very concerning. I suspect Pete is not out of formula, what did he know and when did he know it?

8 mins ago, Jetty Jumper said:

Can they really be that incompetent? I suspect the answer is no, and that opens up,  a line of thought on what are the goals of the press and the administration? The press is easy to understand they will cover for the dems, but Biden putting babies at risk is very concerning. I suspect Pete is not out of formula, what did he know and when did he know it?

Of course not, we are both being rhetorical. The only people that I think are possible of getting a story, would be someone like project veritas. I wonder if Fox or a Newsmax is digging, they should be.

Edited by NJFrank

Prior to Similac and then Enfamil, mothers concocted their own baby formula. 

But to reply to the op, to me it's bad business when mom's have to struggle to get formula to feed the children. Messing with the kids is evil business.:howdy:

33 mins ago, Jetty Jumper said:

I don’t think the democrats are stupid.  Those who vote for them are, but the ones destroying the country are not.  This is calculated 

Edited by jkrock

A lot of stuff just doesn't bother me, people are gonna make poor decisions. But this really grinds my gears, when a mom, maybe struggling already, has to deal with this mess. It just shouldn't be!!!:howdy: 

On 5/17/2022 at 0:54 PM, KnewBee said:

Sure thing,  all Biden's fault. 

"....The Food and Drug Administration on Monday reached an agreement with Abbott Laboratories on the steps needed to reopen the company’s shuttered baby formula plant, which could begin to ease the shortage of infant formula that has frightened and exasperated parents nationwide.

The F.D.A. said it expected Abbott to restart production in about two weeks, and was poised to review progress at the plant in Sturgis, Mich. It has been shut down since February after several babies who had consumed formula that had been produced there fell ill and two died.

The agreement stems from a U.S. Department of Justice complaint and consent decree with the company and three of its executives. Those court records say the F.D.A. found a deadly bacteria, called cronobacter, in the plant in February and the company found more tranches of the bacteria later that month.

According to the complaint, the same Sturgis factory had also produced two batches of formula in the summer of 2019 and 2020 on different production equipment that tested positive for the bacteria.

...As frustration at the crib side and in grocery aisles grew, the agency has been in a race to replenish depleted supplies that have become political fodder for Republicans against the Biden administration....

...Problems at the Abbott Sturgis plant surfaced in September during the F.D.A.’s first routine inspection there since the Covid-19 pandemic began. Inspectors discovered standing water inside the plant and personnel working directly with formula without proper hand hygiene, according to agency documents.

The following month, a whistleblower who worked at the plant filed a complaint under the Food Safety Modernization Act claiming that plant leaders celebrated concealing information from the F.D.A. and omitted key information from official documents.

The F.D.A. returned to the plant on Jan. 31 and discovered persistent problems, including the presence of cronobacter bacteria near production lines, according to agency records..."  NYTs, F.D.A. and Abbott Reach Agreement on Baby Formula to Try to Ease Shortage

The company said production could resume in about 2 weeks and store shelves would be restocked several weeks later."

When you are POTUS you are responsible to the people for everything good and bad that happens on your watch, no ifs ands or buts.  "It's not my fault" will not resonate in the voting booth.  

BERLIN AIRLIFT IN REVERSE: U.S. Flying Baby Formula From Germany. “There’s some irony in the news today about U.S. military planes flying baby formula from Germany to Indiana. Only this time, the threat isn’t from a foreign power. The threat is from the criminal incompetence of the Biden administration, which ignored the baby formula crisis for months until the media began to report on it.”

On 5/17/2022 at 10:36 AM, Wayne Tj said:

Brandon’s appointed Commissioner of the FDA, Dr. Robert Califf, has shuttered multiple baby formula plants in his Liberal quest to make Utopia. 

Now he has reversed his initial decisions and the plants are reopening in 6-8 weeks. 

Why don’t these idiots think about the consequences of their actions?

Abbott voluntarily  destroyed products even before FDA involvement. Would you agree the largest US baby formula manufacturer is to blame?

On 5/17/2022 at 11:54 AM, KnewBee said:

Sure thing,  all Biden's fault. 

"....The Food and Drug Administration on Monday reached an agreement with Abbott Laboratories on the steps needed to reopen the company’s shuttered baby formula plant, which could begin to ease the shortage of infant formula that has frightened and exasperated parents nationwide.

The F.D.A. said it expected Abbott to restart production in about two weeks, and was poised to review progress at the plant in Sturgis, Mich. It has been shut down since February after several babies who had consumed formula that had been produced there fell ill and two died.

The agreement stems from a U.S. Department of Justice complaint and consent decree with the company and three of its executives. Those court records say the F.D.A. found a deadly bacteria, called cronobacter, in the plant in February and the company found more tranches of the bacteria later that month.

According to the complaint, the same Sturgis factory had also produced two batches of formula in the summer of 2019 and 2020 on different production equipment that tested positive for the bacteria.

...As frustration at the crib side and in grocery aisles grew, the agency has been in a race to replenish depleted supplies that have become political fodder for Republicans against the Biden administration....

...Problems at the Abbott Sturgis plant surfaced in September during the F.D.A.’s first routine inspection there since the Covid-19 pandemic began. Inspectors discovered standing water inside the plant and personnel working directly with formula without proper hand hygiene, according to agency documents.

The following month, a whistleblower who worked at the plant filed a complaint under the Food Safety Modernization Act claiming that plant leaders celebrated concealing information from the F.D.A. and omitted key information from official documents.

The F.D.A. returned to the plant on Jan. 31 and discovered persistent problems, including the presence of cronobacter bacteria near production lines, according to agency records..."  NYTs, F.D.A. and Abbott Reach Agreement on Baby Formula to Try to Ease Shortage

The company said production could resume in about 2 weeks and store shelves would be restocked several weeks later."