Wayne Tj

Brandon owns Baby Formula Shortage

Rate this topic

125 posts in this topic

Brandon’s appointed Commissioner of the FDA, Dr. Robert Califf, has shuttered multiple baby formula plants in his Liberal quest to make Utopia. 

Now he has reversed his initial decisions and the plants are reopening in 6-8 weeks. 

Why don’t these idiots think about the consequences of their actions?

Frankly, I'm surprised the purchasing depts of the big chains weren't on top of this, and sourcing from other suppliers across the world.  

12 mins ago, Wayne Tj said:

They do.

That's why they do it.

5 mins ago, Billybob said:

Frankly, I'm surprised the purchasing depts of the big chains weren't on top of this, and sourcing from other suppliers across the world.  

Can't source from other suppliers out side the US is my understanding , well Ireland only, that's the only FDA approved option 

Posted (edited) · Report post

9 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

Remember, sometimes it's necessary to create a crisis to be able to exploit it.

some days I want to hug you, others not so much....today is the former.  come here little fella

:hugs:

Edited by flyangler

15 mins ago, Wayne Tj said:

Brandon’s appointed Commissioner of the FDA, Dr. Robert Califf, has shuttered multiple baby formula plants in his Liberal quest to make Utopia. 

Now he has reversed his initial decisions and the plants are reopening in 6-8 weeks. 

Our news reported a formula manufacturer had reached a deal with the Biden administration to resume operations.  WTF deal could that have been and why did they have to make a deal?  Is Brandon getting an even bigger kickback for allowing them to reopen?  The Baby Formula shortage and this so-called deal with the Biden administration is stinking worse than last week’s diapers.

12 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

Remember, sometimes it's necessary to create a crisis to be able to exploit it.

Nazism 101, create a “pretend” crisis then murder people to fix it (i.e. starving babies).  That was Hitler’s excuse for invading Poland in 39.

18 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

Can't source from other suppliers out side the US is my understanding , well Ireland only, that's the only FDA approved option 

Even if they could, I’ld never feed my baby Formula made in China! 

13 mins ago, Cayotica said:

Our news reported a formula manufacturer had reached a deal with the Biden administration to resume operations.  WTF deal could that have been and why did they have to make a deal?  Is Brandon getting an even bigger kickback for allowing them to reopen?  The Baby Formula shortage and this so-called deal with the Biden administration is stinking worse than last week’s diapers.

There are no dirty diapers from last week, the kids didn't have enough food to make any.

In good news though I hear the Biden Administration is ready to solve the formula shortage by bringing on a new supplier.

See the source image

1 min ago, ihocky2 said:

There are no dirty diapers from last week, the kids didn't have enough food to make any.

In good news though I hear the Biden Administration is ready to solve the formula shortage by bringing on a new supplier.

See the source image

:witty:  A great one!  LOL

7 mins ago, Wayne Tj said:

They don't know what there doing and there's no accountability. That's suppossed to be the medias job, but their both complicit and stupid at the same time.

Sure thing,  all Biden's fault. 

"....The Food and Drug Administration on Monday reached an agreement with Abbott Laboratories on the steps needed to reopen the company’s shuttered baby formula plant, which could begin to ease the shortage of infant formula that has frightened and exasperated parents nationwide.

The F.D.A. said it expected Abbott to restart production in about two weeks, and was poised to review progress at the plant in Sturgis, Mich. It has been shut down since February after several babies who had consumed formula that had been produced there fell ill and two died.

The agreement stems from a U.S. Department of Justice complaint and consent decree with the company and three of its executives. Those court records say the F.D.A. found a deadly bacteria, called cronobacter, in the plant in February and the company found more tranches of the bacteria later that month.

According to the complaint, the same Sturgis factory had also produced two batches of formula in the summer of 2019 and 2020 on different production equipment that tested positive for the bacteria.

...As frustration at the crib side and in grocery aisles grew, the agency has been in a race to replenish depleted supplies that have become political fodder for Republicans against the Biden administration....

...Problems at the Abbott Sturgis plant surfaced in September during the F.D.A.’s first routine inspection there since the Covid-19 pandemic began. Inspectors discovered standing water inside the plant and personnel working directly with formula without proper hand hygiene, according to agency documents.

The following month, a whistleblower who worked at the plant filed a complaint under the Food Safety Modernization Act claiming that plant leaders celebrated concealing information from the F.D.A. and omitted key information from official documents.

The F.D.A. returned to the plant on Jan. 31 and discovered persistent problems, including the presence of cronobacter bacteria near production lines, according to agency records..."  NYTs, F.D.A. and Abbott Reach Agreement on Baby Formula to Try to Ease Shortage

The company said production could resume in about 2 weeks and store shelves would be restocked several weeks later."

Talking to women in their 90s their children survived just fine on homemade mushed food/ whole milk/ goats milk…. Your maybe able to get goats milk from a zoo … until they get formula back on the shelves do what you have to do …. 

3 mins ago, KnewBee said:

All Biden's fault. 

Not all... but some,  and he'll take the blame either way

His Administration  was slow to respond, let the situation fester and did little practically to ease the situation right away