Fishermen fined a lot of $$

Rate this topic

Never reaized that Coinnecticut protected carp.  

It's like California's rules protecting feral hogs.

I suppose that it makes sense to someone.

"I have always believed that outdoor writers who come out against fish and wildlife conservation are in the wrong business. To me, it makes as much sense golf writers coming out against grass.."  --  Ted Williams

Fascinating how some invasives or introductees are demonized, even certain species of trout, and others protected like this European invader. I guess they hired a good lobbyist.  I wonder what native species the carp displaced?

8 hours ago, CWitek said:

Never reaized that Coinnecticut protected carp.  

It's like California's rules protecting feral hogs.

I suppose that it makes sense to someone.

Yeah, this is a head scratcher for me. Good for the DEEP for enforcing the laws but the state should be glad to let people take as many carp as possible.

I would think carp are one of the most destructive invasive fish species in fresh water.

Embrace American Privilege

18 mins ago, DAQ said:

Yeah, this is a head scratcher for me. Good for the DEEP for enforcing the laws but the state should be glad to let people take as many carp as possible.

I would think carp are one of the most destructive invasive fish species in fresh water.

Yup, invasives suck - green crabs, asian shore crabs, brown trout, rainbows. None of them 'belong' here.

ASMFC - Destroying public resources and fisheries one stock at a time since 1942.

41 mins ago, Drew C. said:

Yup, invasives suck - green crabs, asian shore crabs, brown trout, rainbows. None of them 'belong' here.

Don't forget largemouth & smallmouth bass, pike, walleye, white & channel catfish.....

People too.  Can't forget people.  

Edited by PSegnatelli